Getting into it - My own 1st Mopar

-

JoshSport73

Reaction score
Hello FABO - Dad (ragtopfury) and my brother (Jakes65) have been on here since 2011 when they brought home Jake's car when he was 14. It was only right that I bring one home at 14, too. So here I am, my name is Josh and I brought home a 1973 Dart Sport in December. I know Dad posted about the adventure, but I needed to make my own ID. So here I am and here is my car that named itself "Fred". It is missing it's slant 6 and transmission. Dad says we will find a local 318 or 360 and make a nice high school driver out of it. I already have an 8-3/4 rear that Dad donated to my cause. We aslo already have a donor roof. This will be fun. I will learn a lot!

20221210_100736.jpg

20221210_123819.jpg

20221210_123923.jpg

20221210_125704.jpg

20221210_125934.jpg

Where found 12-2022.jpg

Welcome. And looks to be a very decent platform to begin. Keep forwarding status. And of course any questions that are surely to arise.

Helloooooooooo Josh!

Hellooooooooooooo Fred!

Tell your Dad to hit me up in a PM.

Welcome to FABO, Josh you and dad will have great time building this car up, and alot of fond memories to share.

Welcome Josh from :canada: Like others have said, great memories will be cherished in years to come. Looking forward to seeing the progress. Way-to-go dad, you've got a fine fella' right there:thumbsup:

Looks like a nice solid project. Tell your pappy that teachin slant 6 prejudice to someone so young just ain't right. lol

Welcome. My son and I got our Barracuda when he was 14. We finally got it road worthy when he was a senior. He drove it to work and school everyday. I confiscated it when he left for college. We had a lot of good and bad times making memories working on the car together. You can’t replace the time you get to spend with your dad, make the most out of it.

Welcome to the site, it looks like a great car to start with.
You'll have lots of fun building it!
Check out my build thread at the bottom of this post for some ideas to build your car, mine is a '74 and I love it!
(I think yours is a '74 as well judging by the rear bumper)

Welcome to the site, it looks like a great car to start with.
You'll have lots of fun building it!
Check out my build thread at the bottom of this post for some ideas to build your car, mine is a '74 and I love it!
(I think yours is a '74 as well judging by the rear bumper)

The title and VIN say it is a '73. The rear bumper isn't mounted right. It has way more holes for bolts than the number of bolts currently holding it on. We haven't looked that close at it yet, but Dad seems to think we'll be needing bumper brackets to match the bumper, or a correct bumper and brackets.

He said after having a 500k mile slant in his 1st car, he wouldn't do that to me.

yeah.. would suck to have a motor make it 500k miles :) Slant 6's are one of my all time favorite motors, as long as you don't run them out of oil they will pretty much live forever.

-
Back