getting pissed off!

-
Here's some information that might help. I am using the limiter which I purchased from RTE on my 64 dart. They are no longer in business so I'm not sure what would be the correct one to use instead. The picture from ebay looks similar to the one I used but not exact. You might call D & M Restoration (800-722-0854) and ask them what type of limiter you could use. They mentioned the ir9 limiter which looks like the one on ebay below but when I told them I had the internal limiter they got sort of confused. Here is a link on the ir9 limiter.

I didn't disable my own fuel gauge but had it done by someone. They used the type of external limiter shown here which worked but the response on the gauge seemed a little slow. With the limiter I got from RTE the gauge comes up pretty quickly after a 3-4 second delay.

Good luck!

rte.jpg

one.jpg

two.jpg

three.jpg

four.jpg

The limiter I bought from RTE engineering works for me but they are no longer in business. Here's one on ebay that looks similar, though not exact.

ebay.jpg

General gauge guidelines from RTE.

general.jpg

Awesome this was the info i was looking for. thank u soo much for helping with with the pics and being clear. very much helped me.

Maybe the old car hobby is not for you? Just a thought...
Im very bright and do know a lot about older cars, its just im computer stupied, grammer stupied, have a learing disability, and im very hands on, and need to see the content, i have never done this before and didnt understand what is going on... i got pissed sorry.

Yep just bend the little thingy LOL
No matter how many times you R&R that panel or how much of it you screw up in the process, I'll still be here and willing to help you. PM me when you're ready.
Good luck

Thank u, im sorry im not a seasoned vet with old mopars im only 32. What your telling me about your customers, and bending the little thingy is completely confusing, but i do understand, if i knew as much as u, i would be the same way.... hey if any of u gents wanna give a call lets do this [phone number deleted by staff] im in Oregon i would love to hear what u guys have to say and maybe it could be a learning experinace for me. I found with my research nothing! thats why im here to ask the older gents of the club. Redfish it was a pleasure.

Ha, I have 50 employees. Your pretty tame really especially to some on here. We are visual creatures once you see it the adjoining words make a lot more sense.

Im very bright and do know a lot about older cars, its just im computer stupied, grammer stupied, have a learing disability, and im very hands on, and need to see the content, i have never done this before and didnt understand what is going on... i got pissed sorry.

Ha, I have 50 employees. Your pretty tame really especially to some on here. We are visual creatures once you see it the adjoining words make a lot more sense.

Well u and rob have helped me a lot, rather then just say do this... i got no clue what the hells they are saying... ha, but it's all good now i have a pic of how to wire it and all that. a seasoned vet would laugh at that comment and i dont care.. if the dammed gauge works cool... if not then i tryed with the correct ideas.. without that id be scewed.

Relax, do a search. This has been very covered, common issue. It isn't worth 4 pages.

I disabled the cluster Vreg in my 65 Dart by sliding heat shrink over the wound arm. I don't like permanently bending stuff. I got an electronic one off ebay for ~$25. I just bought another for my 64 Valiant a few weeks ago, from jprettypink or such. Search for "Plymouth" and "voltage limiter". The 2nd one is different, in a small enclosure. The 1st one was a bare circuit board that you Velcro to the back of the cluster. You need ring terminals for yours. If your fuel gage itself is fried, that is much harder to fix. I never tried fixing the gage in my 65 Newport, I just installed a little under-dash LED one. Look for one for Mopars or one with multiple resistance ranges. BTW, the Vreg was in the fuel gage in all cars w/ the Rallye dash (tachometer) until ~1973.

Hahahaha... We have all been to this point of frustration... Haven't we ?
He just articulates it more literally...

Post an ad in the wanted section... ( nicely ..) some one will help you out.
Sounds like you have too many gauges fried to cost effectively repair it.

But I am no expert.... Some of the guys that have tried to help are VERY sharp with electronics !

He is a visual learner.... I can relate... Rocky helped me with some wiring issues today and even though I have been through lots of Mopar dashes in the last 30 yrs... I had troublze wrapping my head around the visuals.

Take a deep breath...OHM...OHM...OHM...

Why because i wasnt getting the awnser i was looking for until the forth page... going on 5 now.

you wouldn't know the right answer if it slapped you in the face.People were trying to help and all you could do was throw a fit like a 10 year old brat.Grow the hell up!

ok guys lets play nice... we are all humans and have emotions. It's cool, and I am sure the thread will be a help for someone else down the road having the same problem.

ok guys lets play nice... we are all humans and have emotions. It's cool, and I am sure the thread will be a help for someone else down the road having the same problem.

Or not, plenty of other threads on this topic that dude could have searched. We could have saved the server 4 pages of drivel.

The first thing to remember, my friend, is that you'll catch a lot more flies with honey than with vinegar! I honestly don't know why I kept reading past your first few angry posts. Glad I did, though, and glad you got the help you needed WHEN YOU FINALLY COOLED DOWN and asked your questions like a fairly civilized human being. I truly hope you will stay around and ask the questions you will have if you stick with working on old cars.

To really get into these things and if a particular car is really one you want to work on, you really need the Factory Service Manual for that car. I got mine for my '64ragtop Dart from a vendor on the 'net. MUCH easier to deal with than the paper manual the previous owner of my car gave me. Even with the manual, you will have questions. With the manual, you can ask better questions of folks who have "been there, done that" and there are a bunch of us on this site.

Pictures, we love pictures! Lots of us have posted pics of things we've done or things that have us confused and we generally get the help we need. Also, lots of us have large bookmark files and can give references to websites that may help with whatever has you stalled at that time.

Also, you mentioned poor design. For us '64 Dart lovers (I have three of 'em) keep in mind that 49 years ago that was the current state of the art and they worked pretty well for quite a few years. The solid-state limiters are just one example of progress in recent years. I would bet money that not a single one of the designers of those MOPAR gauges had any idea that we'd be expecting them to work as well as new gauges long after those folks were moldering in their graves.

So, welcome to our little site! Next time you need help, please ask here.

Just remember my first sentence.......

BC

-
Back