Getting ready for Hot Rod power tour

-

jtisdale

Reaction score
Well started the project to disc brake conversion, manual steering with new brake lines and trans lines. Gonna do the power tour long haul in june.

IMAG0032.jpg

IMAG0034.jpg

IMAG0035.jpg

IMAG0036.jpg

Hey John,
Good to see your car again. Been by your place a couple
of times but no sign of life so I didn't actually stop. I'm very
slowly making progress with my motor. Would like to have it
running by September. Tell Randy I said hello.

Ken Fleckinger

Hey jtisdale, I think the route runs about a half hour to the west of me in northwest Tennessee. If you see offramps for Martin, Milan or Dyersburg, I'm not far from you! You and your road crew are welcome to stop by the shop for a cold libation or -- if ya plan it right -- a home cooked supper. :-D

Best of luck getting the car finished in time! Stay safe out there and keep the shiny side up.

Might look into that. I got one other person that is going to bring his car but hes not sure yet. might be going alone.

I will be doing the Long Haul also.

This will be my 4th Power Tour, but my 1st Long Haul

I will look for you in Newton.

Tony

I just looked at the 2010 itinerary and am bummed to report you guys are gonna be on the wrong side of the state. [Insert pouty lip here] Bowling Green's about 90 miles from me but that's the closest scheduled stop. Dang it!!!

Saturday June 5
Newton, IA, Iowa Speedway

Sunday June 6
Springfield, IL, Downtown Springfield

Monday June 7
DuQuoin, IL, DuQuoin State Fairgrounds

Tuesday June 8
Bowling Green, KY, Warren County Airport

Wednesday June 9
Chattanooga, TN, Chattanooga State Community College

Thursday June 10
Birmingham, AL, Regions Park Stadium

Friday June 11
Mobile, AL, Downtown Mobile

Saturday June 12
Mobile, AL, U.S.S. Alabama
(Long Hauler Awards)

I just looked at the 2010 itinerary and am bummed to report you guys are gonna be on the wrong side of the state. [Insert pouty lip here] Bowling Green's about 90 miles from me but that's the closest scheduled stop. Dang it!!!

Saturday June 5
Newton, IA, Iowa Speedway

Sunday June 6
Springfield, IL, Downtown Springfield

Monday June 7
DuQuoin, IL, DuQuoin State Fairgrounds

Tuesday June 8
Bowling Green, KY, Warren County Airport

Wednesday June 9
Chattanooga, TN, Chattanooga State Community College

Thursday June 10
Birmingham, AL, Regions Park Stadium

Friday June 11
Mobile, AL, Downtown Mobile

Saturday June 12
Mobile, AL, U.S.S. Alabama
(Long Hauler Awards)

Hey Leanna, I've got an idea....Road Trip!

Why don't you and Billy drive over to Bowling Green.

Would love to meet you guys.

Tony

Well started the project to disc brake conversion, manual steering with new brake lines and trans lines. Gonna do the power tour long haul in june.
wow; CRETE; don't see that one very much; my brother lives there; workls for public Works; we grew up in Monee (couple towns west) I even went to HS there back in the 80s; still not far away here in Kankakee;
I did Power Tour last year; my wife and I are debating on doing that this year as well; at least the 1st 4 stops; definitely cannot "swing" the whole week this time. will again be in my 78 Fury 2 door if we do; the Aspen and Volare are too far away from roadworthiness.

A couple of my friends and I are doing the Tour as far as Chattanooga. Only problem is no way will I be in the Dart!

We'll have a Grand National, a 69 Galaxie, and a 83 Audi Turbo Quattro.

What are you driving Tony? I'd like to meet up with ya.

Lee Ann, do the road trip! And the pics of the coated parts hurt. It's what I want to do but don't have the time.

A couple of my friends and I are doing the Tour as far as Chattanooga. Only problem is no way will I be in the Dart!

Lee Ann, do the road trip! And the pics of the coated parts hurt. It's what I want to do but don't have the time.

My 'Cuda won't be finished so my brother and I will be in one of my 1988
Dodge Daytona Shelby Z's

175_Medium_1.jpg

ShelbySide.jpg

ASHELBY04.jpg

Tony and Kevin, aside from the usual press of business, truth be told I haven't even been to Kentucky (about 20 miles away) since I moved to Tennessee in 2007. The daily driver Malibu Classic S/W's 32 years old and the '83 D150 shop truck's got a 440 with a howling rear end so I don't do a lot of 'unnecessary' traveling. Not that meeting you two is something I consider unnecessary, but I'd hate to get an hour and a half from home and have something happen.

I do promise to think hard about it though. Might surprise ya. :-D

P.S. Kev, I didn't do the work on his parts. They look great though!

-
Back