Getting ready to put the front suspension on

-

HawaiiDuster

Reaction score
Just about ready to assemble the front suspension on my Duster. These are some of the parts I'm using.
200410111412132350931110.jpg

Kev heres a shot of the lower control arms with the plates welded on. Might be a little hard to tell with it all painted black.
200410112132791573695957.jpg

I'm gonna be using poly bushings on everything. The stiffening plates are from AR Engineering and from American Muscle I'm using the lower control arm pivots for poly bushings, aluminum strut rods, torsion bar adjusters, and cam bolts. The upper control arms are from Magnumforce, I bought them years ago when they first came out and never used them. I'm also going to be using the .990 torsion bars.

Nice parts.

do the aluminum strut rods come in a adj. version ?

They look good Craig. :thumleft:
Be sure to use enough of the grease on those bushings if you don't they will squeek!Trust me!
Now that it's getting cold here my Scamp's front suspension sounds like an old squeeky hotel bed! :geek:

Adam they don't make the adjustable ones in aluminum. I wish they did, but I measured from the contact surfaces and they are about 1/4" shorter than my stock ones. That will help if you use the poly strut rod bushings. You still need to shave about 1/4" off the rear bushing to get the LCA in a good position. If they'd just make a poly strut rod bushing in the right thickness we wouldn't have so much trouble with them.

Kev I plan to grease them up real good when I put them in :thumleft:

Thats why I asked. I need to shave mu bushings down and replace my bent stock pieces..

-
Back