Getting the Barracuda back on the road

-
Decided to pull the car outside and blast some of the little bit of rust from the front of the car. I also got my cheap sway bars today and started mocking them up. I am just going to weld a couple of tabs on the gussets of my arms. The brackets to mount the sway bars from Addco suck, I mean they are horrible. I should have the entire front suspension mocked up tonight including coilovers to get an idea of ride height.

Attachments

• Blasting.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 630
  • Blasting2.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 619
  • swaybars.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 643
  • swaybars2.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 634
  • swaybars3.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 655
Mocked up the front suspension, now to tear it all apart again and sent out to powder coat.

Attachments

• Front suspension4.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 578
  • Front suspension3.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 601
  • Front suspension2.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 619
  • Front suspension.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 593
Looks sweet,Badart! I likey.I noticed 2 carb kits in the brown bus delivery,tunnel ram?

Lookin good,man. Your fab skills,and in Utah.They point towards 4wd experience,in my eyes.

Lookin good,man. Your fab skills,and in Utah.They point towards 4wd experience,in my eyes.

LOL good guess. I'm also collecting parts for a 69 Scout 800a with Dana 60s and link suspension all around. Mopar powered of course It will be a cool wheeler.

LOL! My house is five minutes from Oceano Dunes,known otherwise ss Pismo Dunes.(Pardon the misspell,working on an android).

wowwwwwwwwwwwwwww awesome John !

360 with the dual quad tunnel ram give me a smile

Thanks, I have been so busy that I haven't even had time to touch the 360, it's just waiting patiently in the garage.

BadDart that's gonna be a BadCuda, Can't wait to see it done.

Frank for the time being I just plan on getting it running and drive it for the summer and enjoy it, till I can put the stroked 318 together.

Not a whole lot to report this week. I have been working on getting the 70 dart that I recently picked up, back on the road. I actually drove it to work last night. I still don't know what I'm going to do with it?????

I bought these black leather bucket seats this morning for $100. They are from some kind of ford SVT something or other? The drivers side is power and they are actually in great shape other than a little wear on the drivers seat. They are actually pretty light compared to the factory seats and should keep me from sliding all over the place in hard corners.

Attachments

• Seats.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 563
Oh here are the strut rods that I have made for it. Chromoly sleeve and 5/8" heim. They are beefy.

Attachments

• Strut rod beefy.jpg
    197.2 KB · Views: 558
Finally finished porting on of the heads. I just blended the bowls, cleaned up the valve guide and cleaned up the runners.

The intake had a thin spot and some corrosion in the bottom of the heat stove, so it got welded up.

Attachments

• heads.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 530
  • street dominator.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 510
Those seats look like they came from an SVT Contour. Nice little cars for a peppy daily driver, but notoriously hard to work on. Seats are comfortable, though. :D

6904600007_large.jpg

The Barracuda is coming along very nicely.

Those seats look like they came from an SVT Contour. Nice little cars for a peppy daily driver, but notoriously hard to work on. Seats are comfortable, though. :D

6904600007_large.jpg

The Barracuda is coming along very nicely.

Good call. They are comfy, but I just noticed that they don't tilt forward. They must have come from a 4 door. Oh well

Stay tuned because there is going to a mad trash to get this car back together this weekend. Don't blink.

I torqued down the heads tonight and almost have the 273 ready to go back in the car.

The suspension is ready to go back together. I know that the blue is a bit much but I wanted something bright for the website photos. I plan to have a roller by tomorrow and and runner by monday. Broken finger and all.

Attachments

• Kmember.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 453
  • Kmember2.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 463
Stay tuned because there is going to a mad trash to get this car back together this weekend. Don't blink.

I torqued down the heads tonight and almost have the 273 ready to go back in the car.

The suspension is ready to go back together. I know that the blue is a bit much but I wanted something bright for the website photos. I plan to have a roller by tomorrow and and runner by monday. Broken finger and all.

I don't doubt you one bit. Don't forget to slow cook some Beef Brisket along side of one of your 16 Hour sessions this weekend! :D

We have a roller. I just gave it a quick shade tree alignment. Tomorrow the 273 will get dropped in and hopefully running by Sunday.

Attachments

• Suspension intall.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 402
  • Suspension intall1.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 429
  • Suspension intall2.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 436
  • Suspension intall3.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 424
Congrats,BadArt ! Hope to see it running soon.This is a double win for ya,start a business by your ownn sweat,and makin the missus in your life involved.

Good stuff John,the front suspension upgrades look awesome.Waiting to hear a video sunday night.:D

Question:Did you ever get your Dart,s engine back from builder??

Good stuff John,the front suspension upgrades look awesome.Waiting to hear a video sunday night.:D

Question:Did you ever get your Dart,s engine back from builder??

I did and it's sitting on the engine stand in the garage. I want to do the paint and body on the dart, before I drop it in.

-
Back