Getting the right length pushrods for my 408?

-

End Willows

Reaction score
Hello,
I am building my first 408 and would like to know what length push rods should I get?
I am using 360LA block and stock Magnum Heads.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
thanks.

what kind of lifters and rockers are you using ?? do you need ball and ball , cup and ball your machinest might borrow you his measuring tool, or you can rent them from the cam maker or jeggs or summit . good luck with your engine . I just had a catisrafic failer in mine and had to pull and build a new 1 . what a bummer this year has been for me . it all started with the longest winter ive ever seen and all this rain and tornado"s have been hell . I was bunning I lost a motor a lotta people lost there houses ,cars ,farms ,lives and a few towns hope your all safe out there gl

This is not a question that can be answered here. You, or your engine builder, need to measure for the correct length pushrods. There is no other way unfortunately. Way too many variables.

buy or make an adjustable checking pushrod. Get a lobe on base circle. Adj the length till you have .025" preload (hyd) or your cold lash is set (solids) with 1&1/2 threads showing. lock it solid & measure it & that's the length you need. I would highly recommend adjustable pushrods rather than custom made ones so you have some wiggle room. EDIT I'd suggest subbing in a light "checking" valve spring for this (Ace hardware has a good selection)

what kind of lifters and rockers are you using ?? do you need ball and ball , cup and ball your machinest might borrow you his measuring tool, or you can rent them from the cam maker or jeggs or summit . good luck with your engine . I just had a catisrafic failer in mine and had to pull and build a new 1 . what a bummer this year has been for me . it all started with the longest winter ive ever seen and all this rain and tornado"s have been hell . I was bunning I lost a motor a lotta people lost there houses ,cars ,farms ,lives and a few towns hope your all safe out there gl

I am using comp cams lifters that came with this kit
http://m.summitracing.com/parts/CCA-CL20-600-4
I am using stock rockers.
I need ball and ball push rods.

sorry to hear that your year has been so rough man.

-
Back