give me a reason to leave this thing original

-
Well this is a good point;
Because it is so nice the way it is.
Because being a 4-door it is so practical, serviceable and economical the way it was originally designed.
Because there will still be upgrades you can make to make it even better.
Because a slant is simpler than a v8
Because it has working a/c
Just enjoy the car for what it is and enjoy making small changes. QUOTE]

I don't understand
Because a slant is simpler than a v8
An engine is an engine. As long as it runs good and it works fine for you, then, it should be good. Granted it is probably an easier engine to work on. Haredest part is what?> Changing the cap and rotor?

what do ya want to do to it?? i say mod the hell out of it. its a 4 door slant six car...

Well, that would be me, I allways say, God bless the restorer cause I normally MOD the hell out of everything I get. Or at least, upgrade it with items that make sense if I'm not hot rodding it.

It is a nice looker. Nothing wrong with stock. Driving history around is fine.

I've got to say you've got one sweet car AS IT SITS !!! "DARE TO BE DIFFERENT !!!! I'm on my third '69 Dart,and ALL three were choen because of the SLANT 6 !!! There's quite a bit you can do to a 6 that will increase performance as well as the ooooos and ahhhhhs !!! Maybe a 14" wheel with a similar dog dish hubcap or maybe even Rallye wheels !!! No matter which way you choose,you can't loose with such a sweet looking car !!!:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

It's a four door so i would leave it alone.
I think it's nice the way it is because it is just like what most people had for a car back in the day.
I just know from doing the restoration kind of thing all the time, that when you find a cool old car that is running and driving and in great shape you just leave it alone unless you have the resources to make it something cool.
I have seen so many good cars taken apart and never put back together.
It's in great condition and still running.
Most people want to make every car a v8 car.
I would keep it the way it is for cruising and getting parts for your v8 car, that never seems to be ready for the road and is always apart and needing something.

-
Back