Give me The EXACT set up!

-

KramerSwinger70

70 Dart Swinger360
Reaction score
finally got my 360/904 combo last weekend. not gonna be a while till i put it in my dart. the engine is out of a 76 cordoba and is rated at 200hp w/ a 4 barrel carb

my hopes is to push 250-280hp and get the best muileage i possibly can since this is my daily driver. someone on here knew a guy who got 350hp an 19mpg

my question: camn anyopne here give me an exact, step by step way of makin a gas-guzzlin 76 360 into a "sipper" with 280hp? my hopes are 16-19mpg city but i dont expect tooo much

now when i say the exact set up, i mean: Heads? Valves? Tranny? Gears (i was thinkin 8 3/4 3:55 suregrip), carb?...literally everything

Also-i proly wont know all the stuff you talkin about but i want 2 save this thread for when i need it!

Thanks- Ryan

One of the biggest things you can do to get better fuel economy is raise your engines efficiency. Basically, the more efficient your engine, the less power will be wasted. The best thing you can do is reduce leakage in your cylinders. Simply put, all the compression you lose through stock rings and valve jobs lowers your overall power output. Just having your block properly machined square with good, high quality rings and a simple valve brush up will do wonders for the efficiency and MPG, as well as the smoothness of the running engine. While you're at it, putting in quality bearings and running good oil will help reduce unwanted friction which robs power.

Bottom line, bringing your tired, thirty-something year old motor up to modern specs with modern materials will bring it up to modern MPG's as well.

Search the screen name, DGC333, he has a Magnum headed 360 that will meet your requirments.

I had a '79 360/904 Magnum that was treated to dual exhaust, Carter Comp 625 carb and a MSD with a junk yard distibutor. I could get 20 MPG Hwy, but the gear was a 2.76

No cam or headers and the engine had stock pistons.

-
Back