glass deck lid & wing

-

mopar4406bbl

Reaction score
I just got a race weight glass deck lid and going to put me wing on it.The wing goes past the bumper no more than 1".How much pressure is put on the lid? Does it need alot of bracing? This is on a 72 Duster.

thanks

I just got a race weight glass deck lid and going to put me wing on it.The wing goes past the bumper no more than 1".How much pressure is put on the lid? Does it need alot of bracing? This is on a 72 Duster.

thanks

4406bbl,

How fast do you plan to go?

How and where are you planning to pin the decklid.

How big is this wing (surface area or rough dimensions)?

What were you planning to use for bracing?

Pictures may help some of us.

Answer these questions and it'll be easier for the rest of us to answer your questions.

Remember, the faster you go the more force is placed on the spoiler and in- turn the deck lid.

sscuda

It measures 52" wide, it is 12"level then angles up about 1". Do these realy do any good? The car runs a little over 130 MPH now & hope to run faster.

It measures 52" wide, it is 12"level then angles up about 1". Do these realy do any good? The car runs a little over 130 MPH now & hope to run faster.

4406bbl,

A wing with those dimensions won't do much below 150 mph. (not taking into account the wing pitch) It'll look OK but weigh all the B.S. of bracing and attaching the wing to a pin-on decklid. You may want to try the decklid first and then think about the wing later (if you feel you need it).

My 2 cents

sscuda

-
Back