Global Shipping on Ebay

-

JTG

Reaction score
:banghead: I'm sure other Canadian buyers can relate to this post: This global shipping setup on Ebay is B.S, as a buyer it takes longer to receive items from the U.S as it now has to pass through more hands then before, where items being shipped via regular post arrive a lot faster. Second the customs and duty being tacked on to items sent via Global shipping on Ebay is also B.S, as most of these items are not at a high enough declared value where Border Customs would even charge any taxes or duties what so ever. No seller should be tacking on any customs, duties or taxes that's the job of Border Customs to determine these costs and if these fees do apply then the postman will not hand over the item until you pay for those fees, there's a system in place and Ebay does need to add one. When the item does warrant custom fees the amount being charged through Ebay Global Shipping is usually always wrong, I had a seller remove the custom fees off an item as my calculation showed it being $75.00 cheaper, upon receiving the item I was correct. Up here in Canada the post office usually doesn't charge custom fees until the item exceeds $200.00 CAN and when it exceeds that cap then 13% of the declared valve is charged (for Ontario). I find that Canada post even charges these fees at par to the U.S declared value and not at what ever the inflated exchange rate is at time. At the end of the day the fees charged by customs are accurate, as long as the item is being shipped through the post office, as most courier companies are a complete rip off for brokerage/customs on items coming from the U.S to Canada, don't get me started on that topic.

My son lost a package sent through this Global Shipping BS.

I won't buy from a seller that uses this system.

Just another way on making money ! since Internet shopping has 10 folded in the last 5-6 years these Rogues cash in. I remember buying parts from Summit around 4 years ago as i use i parcel and have noticed shipping prices in the last few years nearly double, paying $ 35- min on a $ 10 dollar part ! Just this week needed to buy interior light globe on Evilbay 2 globes as i couldn't source them here in Aus was going to cost me $ 2.50 US for the Globes and $ 26.00 US to ship!!! whos taken it with out the Lube ??? Brought 10 from rock Auto for $ 5.00 US still paid the $ 26.00 shipping but the reaming wasn't so painful. Brought enough to last .

My son lost a package sent through this Global Shipping BS.

I won't buy from a seller that uses this system.

I with you 65Val, from now on I will only buy from sellers sending it good old regular U.S.P.S.

I ran in to that once and the seller was nice enough and cancelled the order, but said he had no clue there was extra charges when using the global shipping.
I dont really deal on ebay now. If i cant find it in my hometown i basically dont need it.
It has to be a very rare and hard to find part for me even to look at ebay now.

If it's not USPS or Canada Post, then you're going to pay more for shipping. Aside from the international courier companies (UPS, FedEx, DHL) any other outfit is going to charge a rip off price simply because they don't have the economies of scale to compete with the big boys.

Odds are good that if any company has a name of "Global" or "International" followed by Shipping or Warranty or Solutions then it's probably not going to be a great service/product.

-
Back