Glove box insert

-

70Duster340

Reaction score
Is there any commercially available glove box inserts that are more durable than the fiberboard OEM ones?

Thanks

There are plastic versions out there that I believe will fit in. I am not sure what model but I think later 70s a bodies. Other members here might have more info on this. Good luck.
Bobby

I may fiberglass or epoxy coat the outside of my cardboard liner when it comes time to install it.

I'm not sure what epoxy coating is. Can you please explain?
Thanks
Also, I haven't been able to locate any of the plastic ones. So far, all I can find are the fiberboard ones.

^^^^ I might mix up some epoxy and spread a light coat on the outside of it. I'll probably experiment on a cereal box first to see if it works ok.

I have a plastic one, I just don't remember who I bought it from... "¯\_(ツ)_/¯"
It's somewhere in a bin or box because I haven't put the dash together yet.
I'll take a look to see if I can find it. Maybe it has a part number on it...

I have a plastic one, I just don't remember who I bought it from... "¯\_(ツ)_/¯"
It's somewhere in a bin or box because I haven't put the dash together yet.
I'll take a look to see if I can find it. Maybe it has a part number on it...
I found it but it looks like the company that produced it is no longer in business.
"Apipco" is the name of the company. They no longer have a website.
The paperwork lists an address of 8016 Durango St SW Lakewood WA 98499
So they used to be here in western Washington...

For what it's worth, I can tell it is made from a flat sheet of ABS, die cut, drilled, bent and glued.

There is still a video Installation guide on YouTube though.

I think both a-body plastic boxes will work but one fits better and needs less if any trimming.

So far I haven't been able to locate any plastic ones, just the fiberboard ones. I've checked Classic Industries, Year One, Layson's, and Amazon and eBay. No plastic ones there. I don't have any salvage yards near me that have any A-body stuff left.
You're correct about Apipco. No website available. Just my luck.

Hmmm, guess I didn't do a very thorough search. Wonder why those didn't come up?
I had no idea they were going for so much. Even the damaged used ones are $65.00.

-
Back