Glove box won't open - 69 Dart

-

Idaho

Reaction score
Just purchased this car. The push button moves easily and the door moves out maybe a quarter inch, no further. Already did a little damage to the plastic cover trim.
I could break through the cardboard in back, but not sure I could get at it that way. Any ideas?

Try opening the quarter of an inch it does move and then use a small putty knife or screwdriver to help disengage the latch while gently wiggling the door or pushing it back in a little.

It's not opening enough to get any tool inside. Maybe when the heater box comes out I can tear out the glove box and get at it.

try this--- push the release button-- smack the glove box with the palm of your hand-- try it a couple times-- it might pop open-- these locks aren't Ft Knox rated, Lawrence

That push button latch has a spring in it that eventually blows the latch apart to the inside.
Its the same latch as used on many console doors. I dont know of a easier way than going through the paper box.

try this--- push the release button-- smack the glove box with the palm of your hand-- try it a couple times-- it might pop open-- these locks aren't Ft Knox rated, Lawrence

I've been fiddle farting with it like that with no response. I guess I'd fail as a thief.
RedFish That push button latch has a spring in it that eventually blows the latch apart to the inside.
Its the same latch as used on many console doors. I dont know of a easier way than going through the paper box.

At least its cheap to replace.

-
Back