GM 1 wire alternator

-

pettybludart

Reaction score
What year of GM 1 wire alternator are you guys using?I want to put one on my race car with a stroked 408.

Try a 7127sw,or 7127se.If the parts goofs can cross that,you should have your part.Those part nimbers are called Lester numbers.

Autozone offers one with no vehicle application. You just have to somehow know what you want. The part # is DL7140m. The box even says "GM 1-wire" on it. Just in case.

Ya know, summit has 1 wire chrome CHRYSLER alternators don't ya? $100. bucks though. I put one on my dart, works great.

Ya know, summit has 1 wire chrome CHRYSLER alternators don't ya? $100. bucks though. I put one on my dart, works great.
Actually no I didn,t know that,just a couple weeks too late.I already bought a GM one new for $50 at a swap meet.Oh well thanks for the tip.:cheers:

The problem I have with these types is "what do I do when it quits?"

The regulator is a non- standard item, Summit might not have them 6mo., a year, 5 years from now, and the parts stores have no idea what they are.

Actually no I didn,t know that,just a couple weeks too late.I already bought a GM one new for $50 at a swap meet.Oh well thanks for the tip.:cheers:

If you want an easy warranty the next time around, Autozone and other retail parts houses keep 1-wires on the shelf with lifetime warranties. When it goes bad just take it in and they give you another one.

I put a summit one wire chrysler alternator on my dads old power wagon 10 years ago.
Still works fine.

I also have one from Jegs on my Duster just put on last winter, it was like $80.00 bucks shipped.

Also many years ago put the one wire gm on a small block chrysler, what a pain to fabricate the brackets, never again will I do that.

I put a summit one wire chrysler alternator on my dads old power wagon 10 years ago.
Still works fine.

I also have one from Jegs on my Duster just put on last winter, it was like $80.00 bucks shipped.

Also many years ago put the one wire gm on a small block chrysler, what a pain to fabricate the brackets, never again will I do that.
After building the 66 Dart into a race car,minitubs,8 point cage,frame connectors,3inch spring relocation and the fenderwell hedders.Making a bracket for the 1 wire alternator should be a breeze.

Good luck, it is a big wide alt. It will fit.
You also need the gm wiring plug to the back, I am pretty sure NAPA sells it or any junk yard.
I am sure you can do it.

Good luck, it is a big wide alt. It will fit.
You also need the gm wiring plug to the back, I am pretty sure NAPA sells it or any junk yard.
I am sure you can do it.

You don't need a plug for a "one wire." ('s why they CALL it a "one wire.") By the way, you can convert ANY GM integral 10/12SI to "one wire" just by putting the correct regulator in it.

-
Back