Go Wing Install

-
I believe they're all double-paneled. However, on '70-71 cars (and maybe other years), I believe the cutouts in the inside panel were done for the wing brackets on all of em even if they didn't have the wing option.
Look inside your trunk at the inside panel and you should see an area cutout on each side near the rear of the inner panel where the wing brackets would mount.

Last edited:
I believe they're all double-paneled. However, on '70-71 cars (and maybe other years), I believe the cutouts in the inside panel was done for the wing brackets on all of em even if they didn't have the wing option.
Look inside your trunk at the inside panel and you should see an area cutout on each side near the rear of the inner panel where the wing brackets would mount.
Thank you!

BTW, I noticed that you're new here so let me take a moment and say: WELCOME to FABO.
There's some very knowledgeable folks here that have been into these cars for a long, long time.

Yes, it was in San Diego for all of it's life and we trailered it back to AZ.

IMG_0735.JPG

IMG_0736.JPG

For e-bodies anyway, I don't think it's 100% true, for 1970. And it may only have to do with AAR-T/A type duck tail spoilers. I know they put in squarish holes in the inner panel to be able to access the fasteners for those type of spoilers. Since the AAR-T/A were a mid '70 model year package, the earlier '70 deck lids did not include those particular access holes.
Very nice dart. Welcome to FABO.

Welcome from Pennsylvania
I believe the cutout is in the inner panel but the bracket screw mounting holes (underside ) are not drilled
I will check this weekend on the deck lids I have concerning my 70 340 dart

The inner skins were not stamped for holes until the mid-year 1970 spoiler was introduced as an option.

That said.........

The car looks awesome as it it without a wing. ;-)

The inner skins were not stamped for holes until the mid-year 1970 spoiler was introduced as an option.

That said.........

The car looks awesome as it it without a wing. ;-)
I guess if it has access holes, you're golden. You can mount the wing, or not, your choice. If it doesn't have the holes, you can still make your own access holes. That's what the early '70 e-body owners did to mount the AAR-T/A spoilers. They cut round holes with a hole saw, and if they really wanted to go the extra mile, they'd grind the round holes square to duplicate the factory look.

BTW if you don't already have them there are special brackets required to mount the go wing that go inside the trunk lid and fit in the cut outs, with out them the trunk will buckle.

-
Back