Go Wing trunk support bracket question

-

homecloned

Can't re Member
Reaction score
Need some help on whats needed to complete this. I have this picture I took(from the garlits car show, not my car) which helps me know I am still missing pieces to complete this. Do the screws thread into some type of adjusting nut at the bracket? And if so does anybody have or know where I can get them. I have the black brackets, thanks for those Motopsycho.

Thanks.

Attachments

• DSC00026 (Custom).JPG
    88.8 KB · Views: 134
I am not sure, but I know once you install the wing the trunk will not stay up, I am not sure what needs to be done when the weight of the spoiler is on to keep the trunk open?

Maybe someone can fill you in there also..

Thanks HAUK67. Mine will actually stay up on its own but if you bump it watch out. I was reading here about adjusting the tension and will check that out. I actually have it mounted but with shorter studs with big fender washers to help with the load but found a great deal on the brackets.

Thanks Paul, I have seen that article. I did a google search and came up empty for what exactly I need. I dont need to cut to decklid, the brackets screw into it. Its the nuts on the bracket that are in question. I should have looked at it better when I was at garlits.
Thank you again for you time.

You need to put more tension in the trunk bars to keep lid up,5 minute job.

This picture shows the little "U" nuts with the brackets...seems like you could just start off with sheetmetal screws into the deck lid structure and go from there.

Paul

dartunderdeck.jpg

Or visit...
http://www.tuffwheelrestoration.com/dartspoilers.html

Thanks Paul, I have seen that article. I did a google search and came up empty for what exactly I need. I dont need to cut to decklid, the brackets screw into it. Its the nuts on the bracket that are in question. I should have looked at it better when I was at garlits.
Thank you again for you time.

Thanks for that link Paul! They have what I need. They are some type of adjusting nut. Does anybody here have any they want to sell?

Attachments

• wingnuts.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 93
-
Back