Go Wing

-

Doogster

Reaction score
I'm thinking of adding a go-wing to a 72 Duster. (I know that option wasn't available on the 72...but I like the look ) What's the differences between the various styles...and why the huge price spread?

I have seen them on e-bay for a little over 100$ for ABS plastic. I don't want to waste time and money and drill holes in the trunk lid only to find that it looks awful and damged the car.

I bought one out of florida...not going to say from who..wasn;t anybody on this site..and it had little spidery cracks in it...and it was fiber...They look awesome though...Honestly I would buy a another knowing that,,,it could have been smothe out if i wanted to...due you have a 70 deck lid with the cut outs already under it...it can be done on your 72 deck..I think there is a few threads here on doing that the right way...

Yea, mine was the $100.00 on E-bay. It's fine.
My car is far from "mint" so I wasn't real worried about putting holes in the trunk. Trunk lids are pretty easy to come by too. Maybe buy a extra trunk lid, and have it drilled and painted. See how it looks?

I have heard that the plastic starts to flex or bow over time. I've only had mine for a year, and I had it stored in cold storage through winter and it's still fine.
For a hundred bucks, it's probably worth that even if if does flex after a few years?

Think I will go ahead with it. Car is scheduled to go into the paint shop next week...wanted to get it and get the holes drilled before primer goes on.

Just to point out though... The "Real" go wings are suppose to be of a better material. So, it's really up to you to go with the $100.00 one or the $300.00 - $400.00 one.
I just wanted to point out that there are better ones out there. Plus the more expensive one have the OEM brackets as well. The $100.00 E-bay one just has nuts and bolts. Since my lid is kind of jacked up anyway, I wasn't real concerned about the "correct" brackets.

DSC0090311.jpg

Couldn't brackets be fabricated though? Seems 2-300$ is a lot of extra money just for oem brackets.

I guess so?? But the quality of the spoiler itself is made out of a better material as well. So it's not just brackets your getting for the higher price.

As you can see, this is mine, and if it looks good enough for you for $100.00, than that's cool.

I think too, on your year lid you have cut outs where the bolts go through. Mine didn't.

spoiler.jpg

I think mine is the cheaper version but I love the look and who cares about the correct brackets unless it's a show car.:toothy7:

IMAG0004.jpg

-
Back