going to build a low buck nitrous setup

-

bad440

everything,all the time..
Reaction score
been thinking about getting the parts to put a nitrous setup on my 360,ebay has a kit from pro comp thats 39.95 for a plate and bottle brackets.just need to figure out what solinoids to get,a bottle,a fuel pump,the hoses.i have a activation switch for full throttle activation.trying to set up about a 150 - 200 shot ....

been thinking about getting the parts to put a nitrous setup on my 360,ebay has a kit from pro comp thats 39.95 for a plate and bottle brackets.just need to figure out what solinoids to get,a bottle,a fuel pump,the hoses.i have a activation switch for full throttle activation.trying to set up about a 150 - 200 shot ....

I was right where you are a few months ago. But after figuring the time to scrounge a piecemeal deal and shipping and hunting around I was shocked to find that I could buy a full 100-150 wet plate kit for 300 bucks!!

There are plenty of off the shelf 350 Chevy forged pistons that'll fit and work well on the CHEAP if you do your homework on the deck clearance. The rod has to be bushed for the Chevy pin, but it's not hard to have done.

I was right where you are a few months ago. But after figuring the time to scrounge a piecemeal deal and shipping and hunting around I was shocked to find that I could buy a full 100-150 wet plate kit for 300 bucks!!
really,what kit,is that,bottles on ebay are around 100,the solinoids are about that each also, so 300 seems pretty good right about now...

Stay away from Procomp, that 39.00 kit is a joke, the jets are all 1 size, either look around for a good used (name brand) kit or get one new, The NOS kits are nice, cheater would be one to look at, i ran the Sniper & liked it, simple & VERY affective, but your wanting 200 shot, you can run as high as 175 pillls with the Sniper, but thats it, if your planning on a 200 shot at any time, get a good ignition/controller that'll pull timing, a window switch never hurts, a dedicated fuel supply, then follow directions carefully on timing/plug heat range & gap & octane levels, If you stay around 150 or less you can get away with a single high volume pump, i ran 125 & was very happy with the gains, accually was plenty at this level on a mild 360, traction issues were my main problems, but fun. Oh, also invest in a Heater & bottle gauge, Dynotune has the heaters for around 70.00 & there nice.

You can get a complete Sniper kit for 390.00 from summit/jegs.

Here ya go. Free shipping too!!!

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/NOS-02001-Cheater-Nitrous-System/dp/B000COVQ8Y/ref=sr_1_14?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1295720507&sr=1-14"]Amazon.com: NOS 02001 Cheater Nitrous System: Automotive[/ame]

Same kit listed on Summit Racing. BIG difference in price.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/NOS-02001NOS/

not sure how familiar you are with nitrous, but repeated 150 and up pulls...you better be running a wet kit, have enough fuel flow/pressure...and have an anti ballooning plate on your converter... if you're running something cheap like a B&M streetfighter..it'll be toast in a year...some high end ATI's and such can handle a 150 shot without a BP...but anything off the shelf and cheap... grenade city, and it's gonna take your tranny with it when it goes.

Um... Nitrous kits are not a good item to peice together... Used NO2 stuff is dangerous and could be catostrophic for an engine. Buy a new one for $3-400 and have fun safely.

i said broke not stupid,lol,i do have experience with nitrous but it was on a 5.0 i built for my buddy,just a 150 shot,really woke it up just cant afford rear gears so thought a shot would help my 323 situation really need 410-430s with my combo.

Oh, the stuff is great.. But it can be just as damaging it things are not good. And it's impossible to tell if used NO2 stuff is any good. It takes one solenoid sticking and it at least blows the engine, at most blows it in the lights and put's you on your lid when you hit your own oil. IMO, stay broke and racing...lol.
A friend's 496 RB made 875hp on the dyno. Made upwards of 25 pulls with no issues. The builder used a "cracked but usable" fuel car crank. On the first pass in the car, the crank came apart at the 1000' mark. Blew the side off the block, the right tire, and the car piroutted into the wall. Probably was not a good idea to save that thousand...

thanks man,point taken.it took a long time to get the car as far as it is and if i blew it up it would be way longer.just need to get some 410s and it will be a reasonably fast car i drive to the track on wedensdays.and we will see within the month how quick it is with the 323s.it certainly pulls really hard and sounds badder than most cars around my town.but they all look like they can beat me....lol.View attachment parts and labor 037.jpg

-
Back