Going to chasis dyno tues with ZEATER

-

BARRACUDA340S

Reaction score
The cuda runs real strong :shock: at least I thought :scratch:

before the Indy's I raced ZEATER from a 3rd gear role at 3000 rpm and we stayed pretty close. Now this new motor feels twice as strong and pull's like a bich. Well we went out yesterday and did the same thing and although I was gaining on him it was still pretty close. He got out on me because I let him go first. Now my motor doesn't start to come until 4500 I still think somethings not right :scratch: He's got a 428 stroked to a 463 and it runs real good. He has made some inprovement since then but nothing that would be real significant. Don't get me wrong his car is freakin fast. But why wouldn't my new motor pull him better than it did :scratch: seat of the pants it's night and day. I guess we will see what happens at the dyno. I don't know how good my tune up is because I'm basically guessing at this point. If everything is working like it is supposed to it should put down 520ish at the rear wheels. If it don't I will have to take another look at things. I'm taking a 950 HP holley and a 1000 cfm race demon. I wish I had a dominator to try. I'm gonna be in touch with Jessie from BIGS when I'm there and get some help with the tune up.

Just can't figure out that race thing yesterday :scratch: :scratch:

520 at the wheels. :shock: :shock:

Hope you got some good rubber for the dyno. It will probably be spitting out lots of rubber.

Maybe Zeater was getting nervous with your improvements and added a little more than you think to the stang. :D

Once you get it on the dyno you should be able to dial it in pretty close. It should make a big difference to look at the numbers and make adjustments right there.

Jack

Let's not panic here yet. The only changes I made were:

Changed to a clutch fan from flex fan.
Changed to synthetic oil.
Found a bad rocker that was not openning one intake valve. (could that make a difference?)

Also we left a little over 3000 rpm which is to my advantage with my cam and head combination. Also I have always pulled strong in 3rd and 4th and Brett has always pulled stronger in 1st and 2nd.

The dyno is going to be a great tool to see where Brett is and improve on it. I would be happy to just hit 500 rear wheel horse at this point. After all I am basically stock (lol)

BARRACUDA340S said:
I basically stock too! I just stock different parts than factory. :lol:

remember it's only a 340 :D

Yea just a little small block, right? :wink:

-
Back