Going to have a garage sale..... Your thoughts on it !?!?

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

=Max Wedge=

Reaction score
Here is some of the photos of the stuff that I will be selling soon. Just kinda curious what the stuff is selling for. 90% of it is a-body. Don't know weather to sell at swap meet or on FABO. If you look in the pictures, what would you price some of the items at? Thanks in advance for the replies.

Car Parts 2.jpg

Car Parts 3.jpg

Car Part 5.jpg

Car Parts 1.jpg

Depends on how patient you are, some of what I see can bring some good $, like the shark tooth grille, but my experience is that this time of year is not great if you're looking for top dollar. Also depends on how many friends and neighbors are Mopar people. I could use a console, but shipping would be pretty spendy, and I;m a cheap S.O.B. plus I'm not in a hurry to get one, I have a B&M shifter now.

Thoughts...

If you take it all to a swap meet, some one would have to happen by and happen to want what you have.

If you sell it on FABO you have an audience who are looking for the parts you are selling.

Most time consuming part will be itemizing and photographing everything.

As for prices... Are you trying to get max income or get rid of your collection.
Max income will take the most time.
Getting rid of your collection will be quicker.

Something that will happen if you sell cheap some members will buy and resell for more money.

Some people will buy cheap and use the parts on their own cars and be grateful you gave them a deal.

You could try selling the entire lot for a flat rate.

The more I look, the better it gets. I would think tax time is the best time to move parts here, but it's best to just put a few items on at a time until then. People will start looking more actively once the funds are freed up to do so.

Hard to sell the big heavy parts on here because shipping has gotten out of control.

Hard to sell the big heavy parts on here because shipping has gotten out of control.
Yep. Shipping can kill a deal. Sell the small items here if you wish and take the larger items to the swap meet. You can list the large/ heavy items in a sale thread close to swap meet time and offer free shipping to the show.

Up here consoles run 150 to 200
More if floor section and shifter/ linkage is included. 8-3/4 housing,3-400 empty
Wheels 30-50 apiece depending on condition. Steering wheel, nothing,just ship it to me i will put it to good use..

Totally agree that you should try FABO first. Pretty much a waste of time to have a garage sale. First of all, most people will be clueless as to what you have, and secondly, people want bargain basement prices at garage sales. Here are a few of my thoughts:
1. Ask reasonable prices. You don't need to give stuff away, but asking ridiculous prices is counter productive.
2. Take GOOD pictures. Good pictures will save you answering a lot of questions.
3. Make the Title line in each For Sale ad descriptive enough that people can tell what you are selling. It drives me nuts when the title is just something like "Window Trim". What car, what year, and which window???
4. Give an honest description. If the parts have flaws, scratches, broken tabs, pitting, etc, mention it.
5. Get some USPS Priority mail boxes (one of each size) and see which box each part will go in. That way you can advertise the shipping cost with the part, or list the parts with shipping included and just bump up the price to cover it.

Ebay will cost you 20% so add 25% to your price so you don't loose your ***.

How much ,4 seeD bell jousing air cleaner need to price the stuff
I think he wants to know how much for a couple parts he sees but this isn't a sale thread. The OP should just price stuff out and put it in a sale thread. Some think they can buy parts before they are officially for sale. Not a good plan and against the site rules.

try facebook marketplace I've had good luck but again had real fair prices wanted stuff gone also depends how much work you want to put into it can become a full time job

Here is some of the photos of the stuff that I will be selling soon. Just kinda curious what the stuff is selling for. 90% of it is a-body. Don't know weather to sell at swap meet or on FABO. If you look in the pictures, what would you price some of the items at? Thanks in advance for the replies.

View attachment 1715439743

View attachment 1715439744

View attachment 1715439745

View attachment 1715439746
I would do both. I think the bigger stuff will sell better at a swap meet, you may not get a premium price but you wont have to mess with shipping. The little, easy to ship stuff, I'd list up here. as far as what it is worth, who knows. Post a price, put OBO on it and let the market decide

Man I really appreciate the help all. I will most likely take the... catalog the parts and sell on FABO in the correct threads. You all rock. Have a great Christmas and New Year. Thanks again.

Man I really appreciate the help all. I will most likely take the... catalog the parts and sell on FABO in the correct threads. You all rock. Have a great Christmas and New Year. Thanks again.
I like the way you think. Good luck. Let us know if you need help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back