Going to see KISS tonight

-

Wylde1

"No Value Added" Member
Reaction score
I got 2 hours sleep last night. I'm going for 2-1/2 hours sleep now. Then going to Ottawa's BluesFest http://www.ottawabluesfest.ca/en/ to see KISS at 8:45pm. I should be back home by midnight for 1-1/2 hours sleep before getting up for work at 1:30am.

KISS has been on my cheesy band list I gotta see at least once in my lifetime. Shannon Tweed used to own a bar in Ottawa a long time ago. She was also voted Miss Ottawa Valley back in the 70's. Gene promises KISS will be so loud it'll get a fine under Ottawa's noise bylaw. Yes, Ottawa is the city that fun forgot. Stupid fuddy duddy gub'mint town.

See ya,
Wylde.

Are they still alive? ;) Also, what is KISS doing at a Blues Festival? Gene must be up to his old booking tricks.

As for Shannon ... oooo la la!!!

You should not be dissapointed. Have a wild time. KISS may be cheezy by todays standards but they ruled when they were younger.

Are they still alive? ;) Also, what is KISS doing at a Blues Festival? Gene must be up to his old booking tricks.

As for Shannon ... oooo la la!!!

What started out as a blues festival has just grown to an 11 day concert. Ice Cube rapped last night. Jeff Beck opened the festival a few days ago. Saturday is Lynyrd Skynyrd. Besides the big name acts, there's a ton of other bands playing across the city. http://www.ottawabluesfest.ca/en/index.php?page=scheduled_performers

Wylde.

I saw Kiss on their "Last tour".The show was awsome but now your missing half the band.Ace just blew me away Great guitar palyer. One of the best I have ever seen.Blew old Uncle Ted away I thought...
Jim

I probably saw them 8 or 10 times in the '70's...hope you have a good time..

Yeah Gene is a major sellout. But he has done it honestly.

Yup. Gene's a smart business guy. He's all about money (and the babes). He's upfront and admits it. I just gotta respect that. While other bands were imploding from drugs and alcohol, Gene was always thinking about the next $$$.

Ok. I need some sleep,
Wylde.

Wylde1, I know this is a KISS thread but just had to add a few Shannon Tweed images for the younger members who may not know who she is. They should all know who KISS is, so need to add their pics. ;)

Some then & now pics:

shannon_tweed_blueSHOP.jpg

shannon_tweed.jpg

Shannon.jpg

shannon_tweed_150.jpg

Wylde1, I know this is a KISS thread but just had to add a few Shannon Tweed images for the younger members who may not know who she is. They should all know who KISS is, so need to add their pics. ;)

Some then & now pics:
THANK U I NEEDED THAT:toothy10:

Some then & now pics:

I had that issue back in the day GTXperience, when I got married the wife tossed it and the Madonna last stapled issue.:angry7:

I just noticed that's aoutgraphed, is that to you?

Man,
I saw Kiss in 1978, Greensboro, N.C.. 3Rd row from the front. At that time they were the hottest band in the world. Nantucket opened for them. Somewhere, I've got pics of Gene all bloody, and Aces guitar on fire. It was awsome!!!!
Rock On Brothers!!

Man I'm jealous. I am going to see Def Leppard, Cheap Trick, and Poison August 8th in Charlotte though.

I Have seen KISS about a dozen times. They probably should hang it up, but I'll go see them again, and again, and again...................... ACE RULES! Went to see him on his solo tour, it was great! His new solo album should be coming out soon, "Anomaly" is the title.

large_ace.jpg

Man I have seen Kiss several times from the Destroyer tour in the seventies up till recently. They are not what they were but their still AWSOME. I promise you it will be a show to remember.

I saw Kiss back in the 70`s when they were at the top of their game. One helluva show! If you`ve never seen a Kiss show then you`re in for a treat, they definitely give you your moneys worth, lights, costumes, theatrics, pyrotechnics, the works. Even if you`re not that crazy about their music, you`ll enjoy the show. I see some bands now that I`d seen in the past and (as someone mentioned), it can be sort of sad, a bunch of old guys just going through the motions or bands that maybe only one or two original members left. On the other hand some bands are really refined, putting on incredibly tight sets through extraordinary sound systems with beautiful light shows. Hope you have fun, let us know how it goes.

Just got back home. Drove to my friend's place and called a cab from there. Cabbie was a guy I know. Got a free ride. Got to the concert much later than I wanted to. Had to squirm, push and shove half way to the stage. Still too far back for me. Thank goodness for the jumbotron. Wouldn't have seen much otherwise. Started raining 10 minutes into the concert. They were good. Not totally freaking awesome, but pretty good. Seemed wird to see Eric Singer dressed up as Peter Criss. Their new guitarist Tommy Taylor was dressed up as Ace. I thought new members got different make up. Oh well, Gene needs his retirement fund I guess. Pyro was more hype than substance. Still, I had a good time. Then we walked back to my friend's place in the dark. Now she can't find her keys. Musta lost them in the cab or at the concert. I left all my keys in her apartment so I wouldn't lose them. Had to wait 15 minutes for someone to come and open her door. I'll post some pics tomorrow. Gonna get 1 hour sleep before work. Was it worth it? Awwwwwwwwwwwww HELL YEAH BABY!!!!!!

Wylde.

Saw them in '77 at the Tarrant County Convention Center in Ft. Worth, Texas. Styx opened for them. Awesome show. They may be older and slowing down just a bit, but some of the crappy groups out now can't hold a candle to them.

I was a KISS freak before it was cool to like KISS. It is cool to like them isn't it? lol

-
Back