Going to the drag strip!

-

7duster4

Reaction score
In a couple weeks me and some of my mopar friends are going to the local drag strip for a test and tune. Im thinking of making a pass or two with my duster. Based on what has been done what does everyone think it will run:

-1974 plymouth duster with #'s match 318 and 904 torqueflite
-block has been bored 0.30 over
-new pistons with "0" deck clearence, compression is above 9.0
-original heads have had a valve job and port and polish
-340 cam, lifter and valve springs
-stock manifolds with duel exhaust
-edelbrock performer intake
-modified edelbrock 500cfm four barrel carb
-windage tray
-rebuilt trans
-3.23 8 1/4 with a limited slip

So what does everyone think! im hoping for low 15's

Thanks

DSCF5208.jpg

young gun pic 5.jpg

Traction is going to be a problem with the skinny rear street tires you are running. But I would say low 15's or maybe some high 14's if you can get it to hook. But in the end it is hard to say. You will know in a few weeks.

Good luck!

Like Burtorange70 said traction!!
Don't waist any time spinning and peddle her out quickly.:cheers:
Have a good and safe time
and get to know your car even better.:-D

Enjoy and keep us updated :read2:

LOL, I'm hopin to go in two weeks myself. Same deal like you except Hooker Headers into a jegs 2-1/2 exhaust and the cam is a Crane @ 216/228 - .454/.480 on a 112. Tires are 215/70/14 w/ the same ratio, 3.21's.

Stock compresion though, the engine is a '79.

It'll do what it'll do and I'll have fun doing it reguradless of what it does.

Keep us in the loop!

OH, after the first time you get up theree, and you mash the pedal, and it spins, just don't mash it, just lean into it as quick as possible.

Thanks for the feedback. Typo in the first post. Its a 3.21 gear not a 3.23. Im really looking forward to it. Just hope the weather turns out nice.

Thanks for the feedback. Typo in the first post. Its a 3.21 gear not a 3.23. Im really looking forward to it. Just hope the weather turns out nice.

I will hope for a dry day for ya.:rock:

if he gets out and gets past the 60 foot mark without smoking them I say a 14.87. best run.

memike%20089.JPG

unclamp your leaf springs behind the axle and clamp them infront of the axle,use an open element aircleaner,set timing to 36 degrees total,add 1/2 tank of 110 octane race gas,lower your rear tire pressure to about 25 lbs,raise the fronts to 40 lbs,launch around 1700 rpm and shift at 4800rpm,should run between 14.80 and 15.30,good luck.

-
Back