Golf fans ?

-
Technology ruined golf! 400 yard drives and every hole is driver wedge. They need to limit golf ball distance or club size. Watch the old golf films between Palmer, Nicklaus, Miller and Player. Try hitting a 1 iron into a green!

I used to play every Sunday morning and some Saturdays before my kids were born.......then it got down to twice a month....then once a month....all the while my handicap slipped. Then one day I couldn't go because of work. My best index was 10.1 after playing regularly for about 5 years.
Managed to win one Club Trophy as a Junior....best two rounds of Stableford over Easter in 1999.......absolutely blitzed the field. And of course my handicap plummeted - which is really the aim of the game.

I only get to play maybe once a year now if I'm lucky. I played in a Supplier Competition just before Covid hit in 2020.....second worst round out of the entire field of 150+ golfers.....went home with the biggest prize. Can't complain when you're no more than a 'Sunday Hacker', and go home full of free food and beers, and an $800 Stereo Speaker plus WiFi headset. :p

The headset was a prize because I always write my initials on my balls. One ball was found by a Sponsor Manager, and it was because it was out of bounds......so far OOB it was nearly in another suburb. :lol:

It’s a watered down league since the split. That really ruined it for me as I haven’t watched a full round since and don’t recognize many of the names.

Quite a few years back, this one lady came hobbling back to the Clubhouse writhing in agony.

Said she'd been hit on the course.

The Club Pro asked where she was hit.

She replied..... "Between the first and second holes."

:eek:

The two well known golfing movies are Caddy Shack, and Happy Gilmore.
When i was a kid growing up, i lived in Waterbury, Connecticut, and caddied at the Waterbury, Ct. Country Cub
to earn my spending money.
The golf pro, and caddy master used to allow a few of the long time caddys to play the course during the slow
time during the evening hours when the club membership wasn't playing.
I guess it also was ok with the management of the club to allow some of us regular caddies to play.
I tried my best to play that game, but to be truthful and honest with you, i sucked at it.
Never did have good coordination, what it took to hit that damm golf ball around.

Remember the movie Happy Gilmore, where Adam Sandler played in the Waterbury Open?
Sure fit the golf course, and city, where i grew up as a kid in the 50's and 60's.

The two well known golfing movies are Caddy Shack, and Happy Gilmore.
When i was a kid growing up, i lived in Waterbury, Connecticut, and caddied at the Waterbury, Ct. Country Cub
to earn my spending money.
The golf pro, and caddy master used to allow a few of the long time caddys to play the course during the slow
time during the evening hours when the club membership wasn't playing.
I guess it also was ok with the management of the club to allow some of us regular caddies to play.
I tried my best to play that game, but to be truthful and honest with you, i sucked at it.
Never did have good coordination, what it took to hit that damm golf ball around.

Remember the movie Happy Gilmore, where Adam Sandler played in the Waterbury Open?
Sure fit the golf course, and city, where i grew up as a kid in the 50's and 60's.
never seen iether one of those movies (though ive heard of em)
i guess my sentiment to golf is more akin to "falling down"

Not really a golf fan, I'm more of a golf skirt fan...

1676814599206.jpeg

Nd9GcQEA8Zc_Y91XjyMHQctsEJ7sB8OnkB6gEIiCQ&usqp=CAU.jpg

I was goimg to post a golf related reply but I don't want to interrupt the flow.
74d233ee12c9dcdb803870830cba9b86.jpg

The 19th hole must be a favorite spot for some of these lady's? :thumbsup:

The right ones even the 20th hole.

Technology hasn't hurt it, bigger sweet spots and reduced spin rates, via learning from tracking systems.

The guys playing today are in much better shape than years ago as well. I have a friend that played on tour for a bit. Hits the ball like these guys today. I handed him a Great big bertha 9* and he still smoked it a little over 300 (complained about the whippy X stiff shaft, LOL). Same with a later 460cc headed Taylor club. He might hit his newer club 10 yards further. Helps when the club is going 120+ MPH, not like most of us hackers that barely make it to 100 MPH.

Watching these people who are at the top of their game is humbling. Seeing a pro shank it into the woods or find the water is empathy brought to life. I've putted on 14 stimp meter greens and its different from an average golf course like a 6 vs a hemi. Even these magicians change from 1 day to the next. So yeah, I enjoy watching cause I know what to look for.

Paige Spiranac is a professional golfer, and a social media star. She is best known for her golfing videos on social media, in which she has more than 3 million followers.

The ladies tour sure has come a long way.:rolleyes:

Paige-Spiranac-hot-female-golfers.jpg

Paige was never good enough to get on the LPGA tour. She's a good looker though.

-
Back