gonna go see what it runs tonite!

-
Sounds like a great outing. You need some seat time in it, and loosing that wind would be a help...lol. But all in due time. Slicks will change things a bit I'd wager. With drag radials you might want to either back into the water and be careful not to spin a lot or fast in it (so it doesn't get up into the wheelwells and drip down in front of the tires), or forgo the water all together. I ususally just try to get them to rotate once slowly, then pull forward and do the real burnout.
i drove around the water for my burnouts went from fierst to second and drove out of it.the third time run the pass side tire went thru the water and when i hit it it sat there....

Was those times with the NOS?

He hasn't filled the bottle yet. I have to say that 12.8's the 1st time out is a damned solid night out. You've built yourself a beast, Michael with surprisingly good street manners.

He hasn't filled the bottle yet. I have to say that 12.8's the 1st time out is a damned solid night out. You've built yourself a beast, Michael with surprisingly good street manners.
Hey, just curious? Have you run the '73 Dart? I'm doing similar to a 318 and wondering if you ran yours?

no saetun hasnt run his car yet still has the 7 1/4 in it gotta finish his 8 3/4 .that is a strong teener though....

Mike, let me know the next time you are going racing and I will bring a bottle of NOS if you want to make a few passes on the bottle.

What were the 1/8 mile numbers? all we have around here is 1/8th mile, so that's eaiser for me to compare..

Congrats Mike, nice 1st outing. You not only had a uneventful trip, but went rounds too.....Fantastic :cheers:.

There's more left for sure.

Congrats Mike, nice 1st outing. You not only had a uneventful trip, but went rounds too.....Fantastic :cheers:.

There's more left for sure.
thanks rick,yeah it was cool going rounds,there has to be more in it for sure.trying to figure out how to get the vids off my wifes phone and then i can see what was going on chassis wse.never thought those tires would stick like that though.

X2,Ricky. Living vicariously,through Bad440. The reaction times,are good. I'm thinking,pull the gears back,Apply the N20. That is where he's headed. Any mid 12 second street based car,runs through on muffs,91 octane crap on 1st pass ,kicks *** in my book. That street able thing,comes with experience.

Any mid 12 second street based car,runs through on muffs,91 octane crap on 1st pass ,kicks *** in my book.

You said it. That's fast on the street, i don't care how old you are...:D. Some of the young'ins see the newer cars & ricer stuff with juice/boost and think it's just average. Not in my opinion.....

thanks you guys,i have beat a bunch of cars on the street ,damn they must have been slow....

thanks you guys,i have beat a bunch of cars on the street ,damn they must have been slow....

I know you hate hearing it, but a real life 12 second street car is fast, Mike! Plus you have more on the table I'm sure.

Since you were driving it, what are your thoughts as far as future improvements, without the gas? Numbers wise, you look pretty efficient in street trim as far as mph/hp/et's, other then a few hun in the 60's. How'd it feel on the top end? Any detectable converter slippage? How about shift points and r's across the stripe. Just brainstorming here Mike.....she is fast!

Since you were driving it, what are your thoughts as far as future improvements, without the gas? Numbers wise, you look pretty efficient in street trim as far as mph/hp/et's, other then a few hun in the 60's. How'd it feel on the top end? Any detectable converter slippage? How about shift points and r's across the stripe. Just brainstorming here Mike.....she is fast!
shift points the quickest run shifted at 6500 thru lights about 6200 converter didnt have muchslip at all.prob could of used more stall.i know the 60 foot needs to come down....

With 3:91's /4:10's,,more resistance= higher stall speed. If you inderstand the shift cycles,4/10's easy.

Def good for the first time out... It will pick up a bunch as you work on it...

Should be able to get quite a bit more from it. I had a 65 Dart, 360, cast crank, 12:1 motor, 590 mopar solid cam, W-2's, 750 carb, no nitrous, 4.10 gears with 9" slicks went 11.0's all day with a best of 10.95 at Noble, OK. Had a little more converter and ran a 904 trans with a brake. Have fun!

-
Back