Gonna Use My One Young Gun Card (68 Dart Interior Part Needed)

-

805moparkid

Slant and AFX Guy
Reaction score
hey guys i hate to ask for stuff, i work to build my stuff, not ask for it lol... anyways i have been sprucing up the interior today and its really coming along! i dyed the kick and front door panels, along with some other stuff. So i went to redo my rear 270 door panels and the material is all wrinkled up and un usable(i tried to stretch it back out with no luck).

So Im Asking If Anyone Has A Set Of Rear 270 Door Panels For A 68 Dart. I Dont Care What Color, Or Even Little Tears Or Wrinkles, Just Need A Good Usable Set...

Let Me Know What You Guys Have And I'll See What I Can Do!

Attachments

• 100_4980.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 302
  • 100_5882.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 310
  • 100_5883.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 311
  • 100_5884.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 292
YOu looking for fronts or rears?? I have rears from a cuda, but not sure if they will work for you?? I will try n dig up pics. They are black and yours for the price of shipping.

Cheers
Steve

YOu looking for fronts or rears?? I have rears from a cuda, but not sure if they will work for you?? I will try n dig up pics. They are black and yours for the price of shipping.

Cheers
Steve

im sorry rears. i'll ask greg if they are the same but i dont think so... also they need to be 270 panels for the stiching.

Thanks Steve!

Post a pic of your rear panels. You still might be able to salvage them. I saved some front panels that the vinyl had shrunk at the top 1/2" below the chrome and had some hard wrinkles in it as a result.

I used a heat gun and carefully heated the vinyl and stretched it back, then glued it with 3M spray glue. I had to tape the edges as it would shrink back as it cooled before the glue dried. I had to work a small section at a time but they came out great.

You could also do this to your front panels and make them look much better. Peel the vinyl back a bit where it's wrinkled, then heat it, stretch it back, and reglue it.

If the board is bad I've peeled the vinyl off and glued it to another board.

Sorry, I didn't think to take pics.
Dallas

Post a pic of your rear panels. You still might be able to salvage them. I saved some front panels that the vinyl had shrunk at the top 1/2" below the chrome and had some hard wrinkles in it as a result.

I used a heat gun and carefully heated the vinyl and stretched it back, then glued it with 3M spray glue. I had to tape the edges as it would shrink back as it cooled before the glue dried. I had to work a small section at a time but they came out great.

You could also do this to your front panels and make them look much better. Peel the vinyl back a bit where it's wrinkled, then heat it, stretch it back, and reglue it.

If the board is bad I've peeled the vinyl off and glued it to another board.

Sorry, I didn't think to take pics.
Dallas

i already chucked them after spending time on them... besides the material was really chewed up, you can see the giant cuts in the front panels, the rears were worse...

But Thank You!

Here's pics of the rears I have, small very slight tear in one. the panels are upside down in the pics. Yours if they will work for ya.

Attachments

• DSCF9586 (Medium).jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 190
  • DSCF9587 (Medium).jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 210
  • DSCF9588 (Medium).jpg
    70 KB · Views: 195
bummer those are way different. i couldnt find a pic of them by themselves so here is a pic of the set. they have the tang at the bottom

FYI these are the wrong stitch pattern.

1c33_12.JPG

Hey 805. I just pick up my 270 today. I get to start tearing it apart to see what I need for it. What did you make your front seat brackets out of. Do you have measurements for another set.

Attachments

• IMG-20130622-01076.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 191
Hey 805. I just pick up my 270 today. I get to start tearing it apart to see what I need for it. What did you make your front seat brackets out of. Do you have measurements for another set.

the straps are 1/4" x 1.25 wide and the brackets are summit aluminum ones. will go SS brackets when i have the coin.

how are your rear door panels? lol

-
Back