Good after Market Heat and Sound Deadener for firewall and Floor.

-

MonkeyMadness

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hello I'm in need of a Good after Market Heat and Sound Deadener for firewall and Floor.
This is no numbers matching 100 point car so after market is requested over OEM.
Looking for a fairly good inexpensive Deadner to put under the carpet. (other than Dynomat$)
Just looking for good suggestions..

Thanks

Noico from Amazon is the same thing as the equivalent dynamat, except the tin foil is a little thinner. Costs a lot less. I put it everywhere. Floors, firewall, trunk, wheelhouses & under door panels.

I used some stuff from Lobucrod, it was very reasonably priced. It is not self-adhesive but I used foil tape from the hardware store to attach it for the floor. If you used it on a door or roof you'd need some kind of spray adhesive.

I put Kilmat in mine. It installs very easily and works good.

Another sound damping question. I've got the material for the floor and trunk. Wondering about the doors. Will the door panels still fit properly if you add one of the 80 mil materials, such as Noico?

Another sound damping question. I've got the material for the floor and trunk. Wondering about the doors. Will the door panels still fit properly if you add one of the 80 mil materials, such as Noico?
I believe most people put them on the inside of the door shell. Like, on the inner side of the door skin itself

I have also been trying to make decisions about heat/sound deadeners for my current project. The floor pieces that just lay in place and get covered by carpet seem to be an easy thing, what I am concerned with is the self adhesive stuff on vertical surfaces. Has anybody taken this stuff off once applied? I keep my cars forever, so it's not like build it and send it out the door. If I need to make repairs or alterations in the future (like something that might entail welding) am I going to be able to get this stuff off to do the work???

I have also been trying to make decisions about heat/sound deadeners for my current project. The floor pieces that just lay in place and get covered by carpet seem to be an easy thing, what I am concerned with is the self adhesive stuff on vertical surfaces. Has anybody taken this stuff off once applied? I keep my cars forever, so it's not like build it and send it out the door. If I need to make repairs or alterations in the future (like something that might entail welding) am I going to be able to get this stuff off to do the work???

The noico stuff from Amazon I used doesn’t stick real well initially, but after it temperature cycles a few times it is stuck so good it won’t come off without destroying it. I tried to take the stuff loose I put under my door panel once and it was very difficult.

-
Back