Good Bye Everyone

-
I know what you mean with the prices of mopars.We mopar guys are killing are selfs along with the greed of the company forces most of us to the darkside but if I had to go there I would have picked ford. After my misshap I was going to sell everything I had mopar and just not do anything but a guy gave me all the stuff I needed free and thats what is getting me going again.I think mopar will die if we as mopar people don,t start getting are selfs togather.Remember If you help a mopar guy it will come back to you 10 times I know because it is happening to me.Please stay in touch.Mark

Wow!! No rust and only needs a fender patched and a paint job. Earl Scheib will do a great $100 paint job. I had a Poncho when I was 19 and loved it but I gotta say after looking at that poor excuse for a car I'd be looking elsewhere. It might be cheap but brother I guarantee you as a car guy that's owned over 30 cars of different brands over the past 29 yrs. that $500 car ain't gonna run with as little as you've been told, or think. Not even close. Runs 13's huh?? :toothy10::toothy10::toothy10::poke::toothy10::toothy10::toothy10:
the guy who owns the car put air in the tires and gas in the tank. lined up against his 14 second lincoln. and drag raced it. and smoked it. the lincoln is a mid 14s car. so id say high 13s low 14s. both cars were wot

after seeing that video i'm having a hard time believing thats a 13sec car. it looks like its been sitting for an eternity and i hope theres a buttload of performance parts in that motor because a 350/350 combo in a car that size is going to take a lot to get into the 13's. that being said, still a good deal at $500! but expect to put a lot more into it to get it roadworthy and looking decent.
-Tim

after seeing that video i'm having a hard time believing thats a 13sec car. it looks like its been sitting for an eternity and i hope theres a buttload of performance parts in that motor because a 350/350 combo in a car that size is going to take a lot to get into the 13's. that being said, still a good deal at $500! but expect to put a lot more into it to get it roadworthy and looking decent.
-Tim
yea. well. idk if its exactly 13s. but it ran better then a 14.6. thats what the other car ran.

yea. well. idk if its exactly 13s. but it ran better then a 14.6. thats what the other car ran.

Was that in a 1/4 or 1000 ft track? 1000 foot track I might believe those times. 1/4 no way. I know Pontiac's pretty well after owing one for 10 yrs. and racing it for a couple years. It had a 400 HO with mildly ported heads, .465 lift/230 @ .050 Crane cam, Holley intake and carb., headers. It would get into the 13's on a real good day but most of the time was 14.00-14.10. 13.89 is the best I ever ran with it in the 1/4. I ran against a few 350 Pontiac motor equiped cars and blew every one away bad. Never saw a Pontiac 350 run better than a 14.50. I'm sure some have but they have to have a bunch done to them. Their design isn't performance orientated at all. Stroke on them is the same length as a 440 Chrysler so that means Briggs and Stratton postons and they have real small valves in all their heads because the bore is so small they can't run big valves and they are all low compression. To top it off they weigh as much as any other big block on the market. Remember all Pontiac engines use the same size block whether it's a 287 or a 455. If I had a choice I'd take a chevy 2 barrell 350 any day of the week over a Pontiac 350 4 barrell. I think this guy is yanking your chain. Did you see his time slips showing his Lincoln ran a 14.6? Also that Poncho would have to beat it bad to just break into the 13's. Dude I want you to know I'm not dissing you at all cause I believe your believing this line of crap this guy is telling you. I agree with Optik with what he said about the video.

I wish you good luck cause after seeing that pitiful looking thing you'll need it.

Was that in a 1/4 or 1000 ft track? 1000 foot track I might believe those times. 1/4 no way. I know Pontiac's pretty well after owing one for 10 yrs. and racing it for a couple years. It had a 400 HO with mildly ported heads, .465 lift/230 @ .050 Crane cam, Holley intake and carb., headers. It would get into the 13's on a real good day but most of the time was 14.00-14.10. 13.89 is the best I ever ran with it in the 1/4. I ran against a few 350 Pontiac motor equiped cars and blew every one away bad. Never saw a Pontiac 350 run better than a 14.50. I'm sure some have but they have to have a bunch done to them. Their design isn't performance orientated at all. Stroke on them is the same length as a 440 Chrysler so that means Briggs and Stratton postons and they have real small valves in all their heads because the bore is so small they can't run big valves and they are all low compression. To top it off they weigh as much as any other big block on the market. Remember all Pontiac engines use the same size block whether it's a 287 or a 455. If I had a choice I'd take a chevy 2 barrell 350 any day of the week over a Pontiac 350 4 barrell. I think this guy is yanking your chain. Did you see his time slips showing his Lincoln ran a 14.6? Also that Poncho would have to beat it bad to just break into the 13's. Dude I want you to know I'm not dissing you at all cause I believe your believing this line of crap this guy is telling you. I agree with Optik with what he said about the video.

I wish you good luck cause after seeing that pitiful looking thing you'll need it.
Once he grows up,he,ll realize the mistakes he,s made and run back to MaMopar!I don,t know why he just doesn,t find a granny driven,low mileage rust-free Dart?They have to be around down there!And start to build the car he wants?Young and nieve I guess.

Once he grows up,he,ll realize the mistakes he,s made and run back to MaMopar!I don,t know why he just doesn,t find a granny driven,low mileage rust-free Dart?They have to be around down there!And start to build the car he wants?Young and nieve I guess.

Yep. I made the same mistakes when I was young. Finally realized people will tell you what they think you want to hear to make the sale and there isn't such a thing as a 13 second car for $500 that don't need much work.

I also had 2 different 69 G.T.O,s,man they handled and what a nice ride,but nowhere near 13,s.Both were 400 bearing eaters LOL!!That,s me on the right in 1980,Disco boy!LOL!

gto.JPG

You should stay a part of the forum and read about all the fun the rest of us will be having at least.
come on, it's gonna be fun

I'll belive it when i see it..... 13's?
If the LeMans does that with a 350 i'll eat my words.
Don't get me wrong, i love all of the cars from all makes, but that's a stretch for a basically stock car that weighs almost 4000 lbs.....
Kudos to you if it does run that.
I still think it's an april fools joke so i'll go with that.:cheers:
IMHO
Tom.

yup. and ive seen it run. and been in it. the Lincoln is a certifired 14 sec car. it ***** n gits. im probly just gonna fix the lemans up then sell it or trade it for a 67-69 Cuda. thats the plan. the truck is gonna stay though

Damn!
Flip the Pontiac, Buy another Dart, BE HAPPY!
I dunno what else to say.

Later,
Bruce B.

You don't have to leave just cause you don't own a Mopar anymore. Half the time I'm here I'm not even here for Mopars, I'm just here for the community.

But if you do want a Judge a friend of mine has one, its a little rough though..

PontiacGTOTheJudge2.jpg

PontiacGTOTheJudge.jpg

PontiacGTOTheJudgesticker.jpg

Think this would be cheaper than a Mopar?

LMAO,,,a LITTLE rough he says!!!

While I am not one to condem anyone for what they drive or want to drive I speak from experience that Pontiac will not run what ya think unless there is some kind of hidden agenda that your not telling anyone. They are cool cars none the less... here is a LeMans that ran 12.88 on the 1/4 mile. Had a 455 stuck in it and full tubular front end. Had a Doug Nash trans in it too. Great car but lots and lots of money invested. Not cheaper then a A-body by any means.

LEMANS.jpg

good luck with whatever you do though... its your car.... enjoy

-RPM

WHY ANOTHER BELLYBUTTON ASSHOLE CAR? I have been there but always came back to the mighty mopars. I dont like what everybody else has and no cars are more distinct than a mopar. I get more excited over seeing a rusted out duster than any pro street blower GM or Ford. But I also agree, YOU ARE ALWAYS WELCOME AND WILL ALWAYS BE MOPAR BRETHERN.

-
Back