Good Deal for 150$?

-

ace26

Reaction score
Ok i thought this was a good deal for 150$ it's an old R1 block that has never been touched it has just been sitting on the guys floor where he works for years,he races dirt track and has a few good blocks already and asked if i wanted it,i couldn't turn it down.I have some low comp ross pistons i bought a few years ago for a supercharged motor i never built,the one i have in my duster now and was thinking maybe this would be a good block to use them in?

IMG_0109.JPG

IMG_0124.JPG

A virgin R1 for $150?

Hell yeah, that's a good deal!

How do you plan on getting all the rust off?

Ya that's the thing it has a ton of it on it,i was thinking maybe get it bead blasted or just get it vated a few times.

Cant you just have the block shot blasted like all machine shops do it? Or did I miss something here.......?? :)

I had heard of that process but was kinda doubtful.No doubt now.That would be a good deal to use on other parts too. My dad used to use coca cola syrup with similar results.Makes you wonder what it does to the stomach.At least your system won't rusr.lol.

I dont know if this outfit still exists but do a search for redi strip. Electrolytic derusting, no damage to good metal.

Just my $.02:

I've used a product called Evapo-Rust on small parts before... pins, hinges, etc... and it works great. It ain't exactly cheap and you'll need several buckets and a big tub to soak that block in though, but I think it's worth it. When you're done, just drain it out and the rust is washed off with the chemical. It's really neat stuff.

Wow. I thought I got a good deal on a repro 340 block. That beats me hands down..........

-
Back