Good deal on windshield?

-

Dusterdude72

IN MOPAR MUSCLE MAGAZINE
Reaction score
I contacted my local glass supplier which has been in business for a VERY long time ... And I asked them for a price qoute on what a new windshield for my 72 duster would be (not installed, just the glass) and they told me $160.00

what do you guys think? good deal?

Sounds very fair price for all the pleasure you will get from looking through a new windshield. :cheers:

I had a new wind shield installed in my dart this year and I think I paid around $150 installed. I did have to pay another $70 for a new seal, but at least I don't have to worry about it leaking.

Thanks for chiming in guys.

one place wanted $185.00 and this place wanted $160.00

I can do the install my self so thats not a big deal.

my old windshield gasket and welt are in good condition (just have to clean off some of the old goop the previous owner used on it.

the old one was fogged around the edges plus one day I was screwing with it and put a 3" long crank in the glass.....so its time for a new windshield lol......then there is only a few things left before I can get the duster on the road again!!! wooohooo

Just found an even better deal!

another local glass company who I remember because the guy use to live down the road from me.....I got a price quote from him.

$85.00 for just the glass (factory tint with blue shade strip)

$135.00 installed and they will drive to my house and do it and that covers beutyl sealer and everything.

or $170.00 for all the above plus thye remove the old windshield and clean all surfaces and what not.

I already have my old windshield removed so I will probably just opt for the $135.00 and let them install it .

sounds like a pretty good deal to me!

Just found an even better deal!

another local glass company who I remember because the guy use to live down the road from me.....I got a price quote from him.

$85.00 for just the glass (factory tint with blue shade strip)

$135.00 installed and they will drive to my house and do it and that covers beutyl sealer and everything.

or $170.00 for all the above plus thye remove the old windshield and clean all surfaces and what not.

I already have my old windshield removed so I will probably just opt for the $135.00 and let them install it .

sounds like a pretty good deal to me!

If you intend to have them reinstall the original gasket, double check to be sure everyone understands this, including the installers.
Just to avoid confusion or surprises. Good luck

Also I would strongly suggest you to get a guarantee on the installation that the windshield won't leak. I learned this the hard way.

yes I made it clear I was reusing my original gasket....its in excellent condition and not hard or brittle or anything like that.

all I am going to do is clean it up and they are going to install everything.

LOL, I just talked to three places about a replacement front window. Cheapest with seal is $355 so far. Rear window to install would be around $200, with out seal. I have time, so I can keep looking.

We have a Binswanger Glass chain here. that's just about the same price they quoted me on my old S10 truck. they would even come to me and install it at no extra charge.

I got a new front windshield for a 67 fb cuda for $110. My cousin got it somewhere around taylor, mi. I have seen them for $110. New on e-bay but shipping was around $200. I think they were selling them from wisc.
Stan

-
Back