good deal or no?

-

newguy

Reaction score
I love the idea of fuel injection on classics, and after not being able to get a seller of a 75 360/727 combo to make time to have me hear it run, I am considering another option. A guy locally has a '95 360 OBD I that has less than 20,000 miles, comes with computer/wiring harness, and said to have less than 2,000 miles on the heads for $1K. It is currently in an early a-body, and not sure if it would be a good deal or not?

If we got it, from what I have read is there are more mods than I want to make to have an overdrive fit, so I would have to buy a 727 and 8 1/4 rear with highway gears to keep it a fun cruiser. I doubt it would ever see any track time as it is my wifes car, and she just wants to be able to have a little rumble from the exhaust.

thanks in advance for any helpful feedback.

there's a guy on here (393foureyedfox) that makes a plug and play harness for the 92-95 obd1 magnums. all you need is your computer and engine. I just finished an 01 mag. swap in my 72 dart, but it is different from the 95 electronics, so don't know about them. I used a lock up 904 out of a 85 5th ave. and just notched the tranny for the crank trigger. worked great. if I can help just holler. dave. EDIT: you will have to change fuel sys. over to efi.

The motor sold, and now the guy that bought it is trying to sell it for twice what the other guy was willing to sell it to me for :p

Keep your eye on Craigslist and other car ads and something will come up. There are a lot of Durangos, Dakotas, Rams, and even Jeeps out there with 5.2's or 5.9's. Some people, like Dave, use a donor vehicle to do the swap. That's the way to go if you can swing it. Otherwise, you will do a lot of parts scrounging like me.
I have a 2001 5.2, original 904 and 8 1/4 Jeep/Dakota rear with 3.55 and trac-lock. It's not running yet but I'm still working on it.

-
Back