Good Deal or what?

-
by 77 they were really detuned no? I mean the block and such is good, but the heads are low comp right?

Heads were probably 452 cast. Hard seats. Good enough head. Yes lower compression but that can be fixed at rebuild time. Sure wouldn't be afraid of a 77 motor

no not afraid, a 440 is still a 440 I know that 75 and up 440s around here go for about 200.00

That a steal , around here they start at 500.00 and I've seen them as high as 1500.00 for a core.That's just for the engine

pretty sure it was out of a 77 new yorker. got it all apart about ot get bored at the machine shop. all looks good. the heads are the detuned type but in such a light car like my 68 cuda even if i buildit stock this will be a monster IMHO. the rear has the big drum brakes 11 inch. I have a housing on its way so I will just swap everything over to it and get axles made and im done man.

:glasses7:

after the engine tranny and rear is rebuild I think I will be only out like 2000 bucks then I will have to get the swap mounts and headers and then it goes in the cuda:snakeman::snakeman:

they will be getting ported and bigger valves new seat. also going with a mild comp cam package to wake it up. not going high compression like I said a 440 in a 68 cuda is kinda over kill some might not think so. thanks for reassuring me on the price in my area a 440 alone is more than what I payed for an entire drivetrain minus a drive shaft. Im going to make a thread on this build once I get more parts together to do the engine rebuild. more to come. I have to admit I an tickled pink about this. not looking for max hp ita ALL ABOUT TORQUE!!!

:burnout:

Put alluminum heads and headers on it and let it rip. Beef up front suspension. Lots of weight there.

Big blocks are more expensive to rebuild than a small block - just saying. Nothing wrong with 77 440's. Have a fresh one in the garage that should be about 450 hp on pump gas. Nothing crazy -just good parts!!!

Enjoy!

-
Back