Good Guy Alert: Ken (ocdart)

-

crashcaptn

1965 Dodge Dart GT
Reaction score
I want to publically acknowledge Ken (ocdart) for his generosity and kindness. He saw a post I made regarding a set of Cragars that I needed, and messaged me out of the blue offering his set for free. Throughout our email exchanges, he was extremely friendly, and I really appreciated his willingness to meet up for the exchange.

The community should know that we have people like Ken as members – he's a great guy, and a great asset to our site.

Thanks Jeff -
Appreciate the recognition. Hope you make good use of my old vintage sbp Cragars on that pretty little red Dart.
Just to set the record straight for all others, the Cragars are very far from mint condition. They were on my old '69 Dart I (stupidly) cut to build into a race car years ago. Took 'em off and stuck 'em under my workbench over 30 years ago. I almost took them to the dump way back then. They've now got some chrome bubbling and a little surface rust and definitely need to be either stripped and replated or powder coated.
I'm gonna be putting some new Centerline 'Nomads' on my 'new' '69 Dart when done and I'm just glad the old Cragars are going to a new home where they'll be appreciated and get some use.
Gonna look good on Jeff's pretty little Dart.
[By the way, Harold picked 'em up for you a few hours ago]

You are the man Ken (ocdart) and thanks for finding a happy home
for a set of nice sbp wheels that will be running on crashcaptn dart
Jeff has been a great member here and thank you crashcaptn for this great update of yet another helpful membe we are blest with. :cheers:

Good work Ken. I will vouch for you being a good guy.
I assume you have avoided the fires so far. It's getting crazy out there. We were evacuated this morning and just holding our breath that the house doesn't burn down tonight. Good news is I got the my family and ride out of there in time.

Nice, real nice, what a dude to do that. You get the good fella award.

cant stress it enough Ken; you made my day! I'll probably powercoat them when funds allow sometime at the beginning of the year (for now i'll roll the steelies and dog dishes). I'm more than excited to get them finished and on that dart! It'll look fantastic. And if for some reason something happens, you better believe they'll stay in the family here.

And thanks memike for the kind words as well! Its no wonder how everyone was so excited to get you that car!

good luck with the fire OC guys. The freeway Harold drove on to pick them up is now closed (the 52). Stay safe out there.

Way to go Ken! I swear that if the world right outside my door were only a lot more this site and all of the amazing people here It would be a much more pleasant life thats for sure!! Again, excellent gesture!!!!

Good work Ken. I will vouch for you being a good guy.
I assume you have avoided the fires so far. It's getting crazy out there. We were evacuated this morning and just holding our breath that the house doesn't burn down tonight. Good news is I got the my family and ride out of there in time.
Thanks Frank -
No fire worries here in Placentia (yet). Just lots of smoke. Thoughts and prayers going out to you and all the others in Yorba Linda, Corona, Chino Hills, and the other fire up north of LA.
Was planning on going to Pomona for the World Finals tomorrow but may have no way to get there with all the freeway closures. Bummer!

Ocdart is a member of Inlandmopars Car Club and he "Is the Man" he has come out to help with the CSDR Raffle Car several times and it has been fun to have him there to help. He is a Good Man.

sounds like this applaud was long-in-coming for you ken. Congrats on this page, and thanks for being awesome.

Ocdart is a member of Inlandmopars Car Club and he "Is the Man" he has come out to help with the CSDR Raffle Car several times and it has been fun to have him there to help. He is a Good Man.
Hey, thanks John. Woulda tried to make it out again this weekend but had bunch of things to do around the house today and then ended up inside most of the day due to the smoke from the Yorba Linda and Brea fires. No way to get there anyway with both the '57' Fwy and Carbon Canyon closed.

-
Back