Good Lord!! A "Hemi Healey" (BUGEYED SPRITE!!)

-
The more I think about this car, the more I like it. I couldn’t afford to build it but I respect the guys that did. Is it practical? Nope! Why did they build it? At least two reasons. 1. Because they could. 2. Because they wanted to. And, I’m glad they did. It’s cool!!

The more I think about this car, the more I like it. I couldn’t afford to build it but I respect the guys that did. Is it practical? Nope! Why did they build it? At least two reasons. 1. Because they could. 2. Because they wanted to. And, I’m glad they did. It’s cool!!
Well and it ALSO has a very long family history. If you watched the video, he said that his (to be) Mom and Dad's first date was picking up that Healey body. It first had an early hemi in it. They've had this a very long time. At another point (she is driving) he claims (as I recall) that up to now, only his Dad and he and his brother had ever driven the car

The room under the hood of my early A suddenly seems cavernous compared to that thing. Wow, what a build!

I love her laugh when she hit's the gas pedal.
I love that gal, could watch all of Her stuff back to back, the Super Beetle with the built Subey STI driveline was a great one. That thing was badass!!!

Also almost bought one of those for $800 a year out of HS, I had nothing like THAT in mind tho', lol!!

-
Back