Good News on the Wiper Front!!

-

cosgig

MoBro Inc.
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
So, I was at the parts store getting wipers for Nella's van, and I saw a listing for wiper inserts for my 66 cars! At first I thought it was another ghost sighting, as they are pretty much non existant, but to my surprise they were not only listed but looked to be the correct inserts, and not just the new style clip on and go! So, being only $7.49 a piece, I decided to take a chance!! Low and behold, they came in, and I took a wiper mechanism with me and yes, they are correct for the old girl!! Better news...the package had 2 inserts inside for the $7.49 price, and they sent 2 packages, so I bought them both!!

They are Trico part number 44-130, and I got them from O'Reillys!!

IMG_4057.JPG

Awesome. I'll go by on my way home tonight

I don't think so Steve, I believe in 67 the length jumped to 15". I'll see if there's a listing for 15" next time I'm there!

We stock or can get refills for stuff all the way back to the 50s. People want fast and now, so parts stores sell the whole blade. It takes a little bit longer to install refills.

We stock or can get refills for stuff all the way back to the 50s. People want fast and now, so parts stores sell the whole blade. It takes a little bit longer to install refills.

First the lad showed me the entire blade assembly, but after asking what they went on, he quickly disposed of that idea and went to the refills! Must've gone to the RRR school of O'Reillys management!!! :)

Wow. This is awsome!

We retrofitted a set of "rubbers" cut down from a 1990 caravan.

This is much better. Lol

Thanks again Geoff!

First the lad showed me the entire blade assembly, but after asking what they went on, he quickly disposed of that idea and went to the refills! Must've gone to the RRR school of O'Reillys management!!! :)

Evidently he did! I always suggest refills on older stuff, because the wiper blade frames are often times stainless steel like on my truck. They were plastic BULLJUNK when I got it and I quickly hawked EBay for the stock stainless replacements. Stuff like that makes me lose sleep at night. LOL

-
Back