Good oil for differential?

-

Richie

Reaction score
Hi everybody.

I've been away for a bit. Same old thing saving cash for parts and working lol. I was wondering what oil is good for a differential. Royal Purple Max 75-90 for 8 3/4?

What do you have, for a diff setup? Royal Purple's sweet, seems overkill. I use ( and sell) standard 75-90 GL-4 ,add Sta Lube p.n. 411 ,for older limietd slip units. Just one opinion, others will follow...

I just dump in 90wt and forget about it.

Mobil 1 full syn with the limited slip fluid added.

What do you have, for a diff setup? Royal Purple's sweet, seems overkill. I use ( and sell) standard 75-90 GL-4 ,add Sta Lube p.n. 411 ,for older limietd slip units. Just one opinion, others will follow...

It's a 3.55 8 3/4 eaton truetrac

I use several different brands of 80W90, But always add friction modifier .

just use a decent name brand, not expensive and an additive. 80-90 Wt should be fine. RP seems overkill.

I believe Eaton recommends not using synthetic with a truetrac but they don't specify a weight. I'm going with what my gear manufacturer recommends in Dino oil.

I just got a trutrac and the previous owner stated that Eaton does not recommend synthetic and no friction modifiers.Plain gear oil.You may want to check their web site.

I have a eaton tru track in my 8 3/4 with 3.55s too!! I got it brand new, and it needs NON-synthetic oil... Just oil, no additives... They dont say anything about how thick.. I run valvoline 80w-90 with no problems

Well it looks like it's pretty much a no brainer... Just a good quality heavy oil. Thank you guys you're always helpful.

-
Back