Good paint brands that won't break the bank

-
I work for a PPG distributor. Like I tell people if you want top quality products, Deltron DBC/DBU, primer, sealer, base coat and clear plus all the tape,sandpaper, masking paper, disposable respirator(a must) figure $1500.
The Omni/Shopline brand would be at least half that!!!! I personally like the Shopline clears better. Color match isn't as good in Omni, but in an overall job not as critical... You can mix and use the better base and less expensive clear or visa versa.
Like I said in a similar post, it seems alot of people buy paint online to save money.... If you have a problem or need more product your local paint supplier is right there...How much is that worth????

Bob

This one is painted in Deltron. The most durable stuff I have seen is Imron. Used it on aircraft where it holds up well and cleans easily.

"Good paint brands that won't break the bank"

You can find them right next to the unicorns and the leprechauns. With the runup in crude oil, all chemicals have gotten expensive. If you want a decent clear that isn't too expensive, try and find Five Star brand. It's a universal clear and you can use a cheap base.

Nason paint is quite a bit thinner than the DuPont Brand. Their primers and clear coats are fine. PPG makes good paint at a better price than DuPont, but if the paint has a lot of metallic or pearl in it, you're better off with the DuPont. Avoid the Omni One step. WE'v e usually had better luck with color matches with DuPont than PPG, but that may be the jobber, too.

If you are looking to save money, consider an acryllic enamel. Cheaper to start with, and no clear coat expense. It will rub out and look like a million bucks. Base/clear probably needs less maintenance, but ......

Maaco is just as good as the manager at your local franchise. Our local franchises use PPG materials, usually forgets to put the hardener in the acryllic enamels, and sprays the material on so damned thin that the paint has no body. They have state of the art equipment, but crappy bodywork is crappy body work, whether it is finished with a brush or a $1000 gun.

Urethane (Imron) is beautiful stuff, but you had better know what you are doing or else you will have a mess on your hands.

-
Back