Good paint shop in mich?

-

unknownsnake

Reaction score
Well I am looking to get the dart sport painted and looking for a good shop. Anyone have any ideas?

Well Snake, I can certainly turn you to the gentleman who does a lot of painting for us in the pinckney area. He just recently painted my buddy's Lil Red truck and it came out real nice. I will get his number for you and get back here with it. He doesn't like rust repair, but he will certainly do the prep and paint work. If your car is solid and not in need of patch panel work and the like, he may be the one for you!! Geof

Don't take it to the body shop in Rives, worst paint and body man ever unless you like runs and waves. The guy has NO pitty, no shame. The only thing he's good at is taking your money. There, I did my good deed for the day. If I can stop just 1 person from going to this hack , the world of car shows will be a better place.

Did I mention be easy on my pocket book? Just thought I would add that in I don't need to call and asked what average paint job cost and him hit me with 7, 8 thousand :

When I lived in Coldwater,MI I had Morris Auto Body on Jay St. restore and paint a 73 Dart Sport for me. It turned out excellent and wasn't that expensive.The owner is Ron Morris Phone # 517-279-7110. Coldwater is 60 miles south of Lansing off Rte 69. Ron has done alot of classic cars and I think you will like his prices and his work. Tell him Howard sent you and he will fix you up.

There is a guy on Woodward and 9 1/2 (I think it is a Ford Dealer body shop). He does full restorations, but wants $$$$$. His name is Randy. He was restoring a 68/69 Hemi charger for a Chrysler exec to put into the WPC Museum. He was quoting like $30k for a restoration job with a good base to work off of....

Did I mention be easy on my pocket book? Just thought I would add that in I don't need to call and asked what average paint job cost and him hit me with 7, 8 thousand :

Haven't people heard about the depression going on?

I had Earl Scheib deluxe paint job done 20 years ago for $400, then 8 years later had the shop re shoot it for $100

It still looks pretty darn good today, oh its far from show but it looks nice and shiny.

Thank the epa for driving the cost sky high with the paint vapor bs

-
Back