good sounding cam

-

dan brooks

Reaction score
I'm throwing together a 318 that I have just to get my car around. What i'm looking for is a good sounding cam that really sounds healthy, the motor is stock. It has to be hydraulic and the car has an automatic. Thanks.

what year 318? what kind of gears are in it ? Its going to be very easy to over cam a stock 318. I wouldnt go much bigger then a stock 340 cam or one of the smaller Comp Cams Xtream Energy grinds like the XE256

I've been seeing this type of question a lot lately. The distinctive lope sound that a cam makes the engine produce is caused by overlap, or the amount of crankshaft rotation in degrees that both the intake and exhaust valves are open, facilitating a ram effect in well put together engine (all parts working together to boost power within a specific (read high!)) rpm range. Do yourself a huge favor and pick your cam by your compression ratio, engine displacement, head set-up, carburetion and intake manifold, exhaust type and size, differential gear ratio, tire size and vehicle weight. You will be so much more satisfied. Give us this information and I'm sure that we can pick an excellent cam for your application. :thumbup:

hey bro.....the lunati voodoo 268 is a good cam and should make an honest 300 hp with out to much drama.. i'd give some headers a good duel xhaust and a 4bbl carb..

sounds like he's looking for more bark than bite guys, figuring all else is stock :scratch:

maybe thats just all i got out of it :goodman:

-
Back