Good thing for safety equipment

-

gearjammer340

Reaction score
This happened this weekend at the armdrop live thing, glad the guy was ok my dad was coming down the return lane and saw this thing rolling towards him down the track(never went over the wall fortunately). The driver was the one that put us on the trlr last yr and was pitted right across from us. The crankshaft broke which took out the front of the transmission which made him drive over his own oil at speed. If you look you'll see the back of the crank is still attached to the flexplate and the converter too. Man oh man.

070309_13171.jpg

070309_13172.jpg

070309_13173.jpg

070309_13161.jpg

070309_13094.jpg

070309_13091.jpg

070309_13093.jpg

070309_13094-1.jpg

070309_13092.jpg

Just glad the driver was ok.
Jr.

Looks worse in person, everything is broken,rotors bent,struts broken, rear susp broken, everything the car is a total loss from what I saw. Yea, he was ok, just shook up a bit understandably.
Jr

I don't think I have ever seen such a catastrophic engine failure on anything other than a nitro engine. What the hell failed first the crank?

I talked to the driver after he got back from the hospital getting checked out(he's fine). He said the motor popped then all hell broke loose it caught on fire got sideways and started rolling. By the time my dad got to him(with the extinguisher out of his car(after this happened I mounted an extinguisher in all of our cars before they made any more passes) he(the driver of the yellow barracuda) had kicked the door open and gotten out then my dad put the fire out,made sure he was ok and gave him some water, good thing because they couldn't get the emergency vehichle to start#-o right away. But everything worked out in the end other than the total loss of the car:( but all the safety equipment did its job.
Jr.

I know the older i get the more I become safety conscious. My next car will have an on board engine extinguishing system. I have already been using a engine diaper. I'll bet that might have save him from crashing. He probably oiled the slicks down and caused the car to crash.

-
Back