Good thing the duster was in the garage!!!

-

triggerjay

Reaction score
hailstormmarch06001.gif

hailstormmarch06009.gif

hailstormmarch06004.gif

pictures_551.gif

The mustang and mini-van were outside when it hit. The hail broke the windshield in the van, and gave me severe hail damage on my 89 mustang lx 5.0. We were lucky though, about 10 miles from here, they lost 27 houses from a tornado. Wonderful living in the midwest! First time I have seen hail like that though! My thoughts go out to all who lost their homes in Nixa MO.

Triggerjay

That Hail is :wack: never seen anything like it. What did it sound like hitting your roof?

I was on my portch watching it, and it was ear defening. sounded like someone throwing rocks at a piece of sheet metal. I saved some of the hail in the freezer. lol.

Triggerjay

I've seen those suckers as big a softballs here. There's a hole in the roof AC cover on my motorhome that I can stick my fist through from one of those suckers. The metal roof has about a thousand dings it it, but luckily none of them pierced the skin. My balck Lab and I were in the motorhome for 20 minutes while it got hammered with those babies. I'm sure glad to hear your Duster was in the garage, and my sympathy goes out to those who weren't as fortunate as you. Good luck.

lord o mercy, glad your all right!
i bet that wore out your roof, trees and cars.
i saw on the news you guys were getting hammered.
hope everyone ok.

because the tornadoes took almost the exact same path as they did a couple years ago... Everyone here faired pretty well. The first storm was the one with the hail, but later we had one that kinda shook everyone up. we all went to the basement in the second one..

Triggerjay

Man, glad you are ok and just got the hail. That is some huge hail. We get it once in awhile here in MI but I have never seen it that big!

I used to live in Oklahoma and have seen some pretty bad hail. Anything I valued (like my hotrods) stayed under cover, unless good weather was in the forecast. Sorry to hear about your other vehicles, you'd be suprised what amount of damage can be removed by those dentless repair shops (personal experience). BTW, I slept a lot easier after I had a tornado shelter built. If I ever move back into "tornado alley", I'll make sure my house has a shelter!

That is freakin CRAZY!!! Glad everyone is ok. I think I'll stay in overpriced California. All we get here is a little ground shaking once in awhile.
The only other thing you have to worry about here is making sure the girls you date don't have adams apples LOL

-
Back