Good Times , Bad Times , Weve all had our share

-

winstoninwisc

Taint easy livin free,season ticket ona 1wayride
Reaction score
Hey FABO Family , Hope its been a gr8 summer for all of you. I had a rough start to this year with my 65 barracuda, But its all up and running gr8 and even got a new look with my SCAT PACK rumble bee on my rear quarters . The car is looking and running awesome ,with a lot of people pulling me over to check it out , or just coming up at the gas station or store to take pics of it , and just talk cars .
It was funny 1 day I told 2 diff. guys to sit in it , and I would take a pic with there phones , and send a pic to there wifes saying baby look what I just bought . 1 guy send the pic to his wife and she was so happy she called back imedeatly and said" baby that's my new car " . We laughed so hard , the other guy , I took his pic in it ,told him send it to his wife , He said NO WAY , She will kill me , we have been fighting for 2 years to get an old car to go out cruising , and she sais no way . By now we had 8 people around the car laughing our asses of and all having a gr8 time talking about our younger days , cars , and lifes ,its just so fun ,it can be like a 1 man car show bringing people together . I am sure you all get the same expeiriances with your cars , But mine being a 65 Barracuda,
Well you would just have to own 1 to see the Love again , and the gr8 stories of peoples parents that had 1 new off the show room floor, and hearing there stories of hauling the kids around the country side , fighting over who gets to ride in the back , under that big glass window .lol I personally know the expeiriance seens how I have owned this 65 barracuda since High school at 17 taking girls out to out door movies , and flipping down the rear seat and trunk devider , to go watch the stars .(wink, wink) lol. Well after 2 1/2 years of changing the motor
from my old 70 dart 340 engine , to listening to my " know all mopar buddie and cars blo hole " helping me rebuild a 71 360 engine wich blew up in not even 2 hours , to reading more FABO encyclopedia people , and taking 5 or 7 same answer to my questions , getting a gr8 build combo , for my engine , tranny , and finding a 3:91 sure grip gears , the car is every thing I had and them some 25 years ago. I haven't been on lately because we had some deaths in our family , and just so buisy with life , and trying to get the Barracuda out as much as possible , I just want to thank every 1 for your help and being a FABO member .
We all owe 1 death , that's a FACT , so live large, keep pushing on , and help some 1 every chance you can , GIVE TO LIVE it will come back around because We are all in this world TOGETEHER for such a short time .
I:ve missed all you people , but blood comes first WE WILL MISS YOU
NANCY , DON AND , Mike especially at the family reunion next weekend especially in the euchre tournament and the Poker game .
your in our hearts forever .
I know we all deal with the good times and bad times together here in FABO but THANKS for helping me ,when the toughs go round .
GL to every 1 and your prodjects , may your dreams come thru for you
and I'm usually not far , If you need some 1 to LEAN ON
Thanks again FABO FAMILY for all your help and freindships threw my tough times PEICE and TOGETHERNESS will get us threw .
Thanks again Winston in wisc : Have a great 1 too = HAGR812
100_2394.JPG

100_2395.JPG

100_2396.JPG

100_2398.JPG

I really am diggin the stickers man. it has a real retro flare to it. Reminds me of how we did them in the late 70s and early 80s.

YAH , Had a lot of compliments on the stickers with the pearl paint that wont show up on camera , like a unicorn . older people like us 50s and up love the nestelgic look to the car . I'm diggn it , especially when a new Superbee or a mustang pull up next to me revin it up and I get to pull a gear and blo"em off . Hanevnt had a chance to run on a track with a time slip yet ,I'm thunking high 11"s low 12s with street tires and stock suspention , Might blow 11.5 with New Stickies from micky . tuned phat for now and pulled a little timing out after last incident , burning 2 pistons , waiting for cool sept .nights and October , by then I should be used to the stall and shift points better , it is trueley FUNNNN Thanks all HAGR812

I could sware by the number of people who had one of the early A's growing up that there were more built than there actually was!! I always here about the Moms who had one, moms after my own heart I might add!!

Nice car Winston, I'm glad you are still enjoying it after all these years, even more so now I might say!!! :)

Awesome Jon, and I could read every thing you wrote LOL! Just kidding bud, be safe out there

LoL My mother used to luv driving me to work when I was 17 she was 38 , and all the guys would chaser her around , the car was navy blue back then too and between people that wanted to by the car ,she loved the attn.of being hit in driving around Madison Wi.
I really think she loved the car more than I did , and every day she had off ,she begged to take me to work or let her take my car for a day . Funny how my wife just hates it though we dated in it.
I may have taken 1 or 2 of her friends out first tho lol.

-
Back