Goodby donor car

-

azaustin

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Finally loaded my donor car up in my trailer to take to the recycler’s tomorrow. Pretty much everything gone from it is on, or will be on, my Dart GT. The donor was a two-door post, but still had lots of good sheet metal. I may put one fender on my convertible. Photos also show test-fitting the donor roof onto the coupe last spring before we left for the summer. Hope to start welding it on soon.

IMG_9564.jpeg

IMG_9565.jpeg

IMG_8239.jpeg

IMG_8243.jpeg

IMG_8244.jpeg

Finally loaded my donor car up in my trailer to take to the recycler’s tomorrow. Pretty much everything gone from it is on, or will be on, my Dart GT. The donor was a two-door post, but still had lots of good sheet metal. I may put one fender on my convertible. Photos also show test-fitting the donor roof onto the coupe last spring before we left for the summer. Hope to start welding it on soon.

View attachment 1716173680

View attachment 1716173681

View attachment 1716173683

View attachment 1716173684

View attachment 1716173685
As someone who lives in the salt belt, and has an early-A, lower panels/A pillars-columns/frame rails & tail pieces/windhield & rear glass frames-beds all have a value to somebody. My convertible is pretty solid, the coupe I've still got My work cut out for Me.

That's alot of metal work, car must be special to you. Looks great! 65'

You should have a copy of it, Ulf, because I registered it in your Dart Charge registry many years ago. I’ll retrieve it and send you a new copy if you want. It is an original, yellow, 4 speed 235hp LA Dart GT with the black interior. It was optioned exactly like my high school GoGo from ‘66-‘67 with the exception of the stripes. I looked for stripes when I sanded the car down, but found no evidence of them. I want to send its’ VIN (and my convertible‘s which is a Hamtramck car) into the Mopar registry. I have to transfer the title of the coupe to my name before I do.

That's alot of metal work, car must be special to you. Looks great! 65'
Thanks. It’s all amateur hour work. I should have crushed it. The only reason I haven’t is because it is such a rare car, and just like the one I had in high school, minus the stripes. That’s a picture of my high school car in my avatar. Also, I’m just stubborn. At this rate, I’ll have to pay some kid to drive me around in it, because I may not have a license by the time it’s done. Of course, by then, no one will know how to drive a stick.

You should have a copy of it, Ulf, because I registered it in your Dart Charge registry many years ago. I’ll retrieve it and send you a new copy if you want. It is an original, yellow, 4 speed 235hp LA Dart GT with the black interior. It was optioned exactly like my high school GoGo from ‘66-‘67 with the exception of the stripes. I looked for stripes when I sanded the car down, but found no evidence of them. I want to send its’ VIN (and my convertible‘s which is a Hamtramck car) into the Mopar registry. I have to transfer the title of the coupe to my name before I do.
Thanks for the heads up!

Before it goes cut the center of the firewall out for Dne’ she is doing a v8 swap into her ‘63 and needs the area around the wiper motor and distributor recess from a ‘64-‘66 . A rectangular cut from the pinch weld at the top down to the pinch weld on the trans tunnel would do it .

Thank you Glen~ yes, I'd be very interested in the firewall, like Glen said.

Well it went to the crusher early this morning, DANG ! With still some good parts on it .
I wish he would have given us at least a week’s notice of its pending doom.

Yep. Whenever I drill apart a donor car I take it completely apart. Even metal I dont need for a project. Then I offer it up for sale here to finance my project. I have sold 2 complete sets of rear framerails through FABO over the years along with other sheetmetal pieces you would never think about people needing. That front radiator support, and front framerails come to mind.

-
Back