Goodbye old friend..

-

OneOfMany

Reaction score
It is with a heavy heart that we begin our day. We had to make a call that many have had to, but none have wanted to. Our "Gentle Ben" family member was diagnosed with lymphoma when in for his routine check-up and kennel cough medicine a couple of weeks ago, and unfortunately his health is at a point where we cannot bear to see him suffer anymore. We have made the decision to free him this evening.

A big boy, he was always a shock to those who met him for the first time, but a lovable friend from that moment on. Never one to show anger to other dogs, cats, or complete strangers, he was always watchful of our daughter of the same age, and yet never a concern with other children.

He will be lovingly remembered, and thoughts of him will bring a tear to my eye for a long time.

Fargo - May 2001 - July 2011

Grant, Dorri & Genessa

Attachments

• WP_000265.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 399
  • WP_000275.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 382
Sorry for your loss.I know its hard losing a pet they are like a family member.My Boxer is 12 and I know he only has so much time left.

Jim

Well that's a bummer, my condolences... I hope a puppy or rescue dog is will follow soon, hate to be without a dog. Best...

May Gentle Ben run with a few of my great friends Grant
A tear has been shed here at noon for you and your family and friends that Ben was blest to have in his life. He was a great protector and loved his life with everyone around you. May Ben rest in peace and he would want everyone to remember the great home you gave him.... so sad that we can not have them for our hole life..
Thank you for giving him a great life my friend...

A song and words I hold deep.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAv5ZuuSxSI"]‪Stevie Ray Vaughan - Life Without You‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Your a lucky person to have had such a companion

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAv5ZuuSxSI"]‪Stevie Ray Vaughan - Life Without You‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Thank you Oldkid, very fitting and welcome if I mist you in the welcome wagon thread..

Always hang on to the good memories. That's the way our friends always live on in our hearts.
They can never be fully replaced, but another always eases the pain. Speaking just for me, I just can't be without a four-legged friend.
Sorry to hear of your family's loss.

Very sorry to read this news........Hang in there, and hold on to the love, the laughs and the smiles he brought to the family.

We have a little Jack Russell that's turned 16 years old this past spring.....She's a great member of the family, and it'll be hard to part......But the joy she's brought has all been worth the pain we'll have to face soon..... I trust it's the same with you and your big buddy in the pics.

Blessings....... Doc & MaryAnn

Grant just went through this with my 'buddy' last year. As I believe and I can only pass on to you is he will be waiting for you and once more be ready to take care of you. Keep him in your heart and mind. Just like you he wont forget you either. God Bless!!
Chas.

-
Back