Goodmark Quarter Panel Patches

-
Qualityis hit and miss with Goodmark, more miss in the last few years. Look into AMD great quality and although a little more coin upfront. They are worth it. As you won't have to work their stuff over to make it right(i.e-hours of bodywork). Just my opinion, and I'm sure some one else will say they are fine. Also be forwarned that when doing a patch that warping is always an issue, so with that being said I tend to replacing the whole panel in the form of a quater skin. That way you can stay close to peaks and edges where you far less likely to warp the panel thus resulting in more hours, dollars spent trying to make it right.

AMD only It costs more, but we bought full 1/4's, then cut them to the patch size needed; less bodywork, swearing, beating metal to death.

Even though AMD is more expensive, it's really worth it. Thicker metal with crisper lines. If you're going through the work to replace the area, it's best to start with good stuff. Summit also sells AMD, and has good prices.

They finished the small body work; we had it in primer, and had sprayed the hood and trunk under, and the bay. they had to pull out the "checked by a pro" a/c under dash unit, so we could get more parts. They replaced our turn signal switch, we ended up replacing that $85 thing again. We had all the glass out, and door hinges we re-built. .. their mechs are iffy- hey, those young techs have no clue on old cars; the owners do. Paint, perfect. Finish bodywork perfect.

The owners like and appreciate old cars. They aligned it, we did the brakes, etc.

$7000, took 3 months, but they didn't work on it but 2 days a week. 4 coats of primer over ours, 2 sealer, 5 coats of base, 5 of clear, sanded down to final 2000 grit, then buffed.

Take it from there, great job, but $$$. At least we knew the guy for 30 years... There was trust there, and paid him by the week; everybody honest. For the mech work, probably drop $1000. Still not cheap, but it ain't Maaco. All paint Sherwin williams.

I got a bud that swears by Sherwin Williams auto paint.
Only found that out a couple years ago.
Never knew they made it before then.

-
Back