goodmark rear quarter skins for 67 cuda.

-

moparmat2000

Reaction score
I have been looking at the rear quarter skins for the 67 cuda.mine are pretty rough, tho i patched the drivers side, it still bothers me that i had to put,a bit of bondo in it. Plus the trunk extension is rusted thru in spots needing patching.

Nobody makes full rear quarters for a notchback sport coupe. So this is the route i will need to take. Anybody use the rear quarters from goodmark for their 67 thru 69 barracuda. If so how well did they fit?

Thanks in advance.

Matt

My 69 notch is at the body shop right now. Body man said he would like to replace a quarter. I had one shipped to his shop and he said it looked good. Goodmark was the only one I could find. Amd makes 'em for fastbacks but your gonna pay for the full quarter only to cut down to a skin anyways. He said the lines looked good. Still don't understand why AMD doesn't make full quarters for nachos.

My 69 notch is at the body shop right now. Body man said he would like to replace a quarter. I had one shipped to his shop and he said it looked good. Goodmark was the only one I could find. Amd makes 'em for fastbacks but your gonna pay for the full quarter only to cut down to a skin anyways. He said the lines looked good. Still don't understand why AMD doesn't make full quarters for nachos.

I asked em about doing door skins too. The inner shells may be different from year to year, but the outer skin is,the same 67 / 68 / 69, coupe / vert / and fastback . This would be great if they made the door skins as its minimal on the tooling, as it fits all 3 years all 3 body types. Lots of potentially good doors if you could reskin them. AMDs answer to my question on the door skins was, not enough interest in the parts you are interested at this time to make them.

on the quarters they are going to do the ones that are the most common, that would be the fastback body. Its interesting to see that AMD makes the dutchman panel for a notchie. (goes between back window and trunk) i am not a fan of non stock seams which is why i didnt want to go with these originally.

I also have a pair of the goodmark quarters. One thing I can tell you is to only use the minimal amount of them that you need. While they are a good alternative to rusted out parts, they are far from perfect. You will still need a skim coat if you want them absolutely straight and the body lines are no where near as sharp as the originals. If you do use them make sure to cut your old ones under the upper body lines for sure.

At the time I put mine on AMD didn`t make 1/4s for 67-69 Barracuda. Like stated above stay way from the body lines and you will be ok. Everywhere they do any sharp turns the Goodmark panels fail to match the factory ones. If I had it to do all over again I would still use the Goodmark panels because I didn`t need the hole 1/4. I stayed away from the door jams because the new panels were rolled not sharp. The last pic is a problem area were the tail light and the panel don't line up

Attachments

• 2012-07-29_08-31-00_622.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 273
  • 2012-08-05_10-28-59_752.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 264
  • 2012-08-12_11-25-13_675.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 274
  • 2012-08-19_11-38-10_681.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 272
  • 2013-02-18_16-22-49_448.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 270
^better than lookin' at rust all day! Filler is a tool, it's totally fine to use it where and how deep it's specified to use.

^better than lookin' at rust all day! Filler is a tool, it's totally fine to use it where and how deep it's specified to use.

I totally agree on the filler part. These cars have lead fill , and later ones have body filler in the stock seams in the roof , and where the quarter meets the rocker panel. I have used filler, but i like to keep it to a minimum. I had a large area that was dented in that i pulled with a stud welder, and got close, then i filled it. It looks good in primer, body lines look nice too. , but i also patched rust thru, and lots,of parking lot rash.

If the goodmark ones dont fit well, my option is to spend some extra cash and get the AMD ones for a fastback and cut them down. I do autobody as a hobby / side job. Small collision repairs etc. i have hung rear quarters on several old cars and dont mind spending the money for the better panel. The good mark ones have been around for awhile, but i dont want to pull the trigger on these if im not gonna be satisfied with the fit and stamping quality.

Thanks for all your replies.
Matt

I've heard rumors that amd plans to make 67-69 notchback full quarters at some point this year I don't know how true this is though
Could be just that a rumor

I'm in the process of putting the Goodmark quarter skins on my 67 cuda convertible. The fit is reasonably good, especially in comparison to the poorly repaired original quarters on the car. The panels were pretty wavy out of the box though.

I've heard rumors that amd plans to make 67-69 notchback full quarters at some point this year I don't know how true this is though
Could be just that a rumor

well maybe i will wait on these for awhile, and see if AMD decides to do full coupe quarters. as i was saying i am not a big fan of non stock seams on outer body panels. id rather replace the full panel. i feel it makes for a better job down the road.

I'd like to see AMD come out with outer door skins for 67 to 69 cudas, the only difference is the inner structure between years. the skins are the same all 3 years. lots of good doors out there needing only skins from dent and parking lot rash, or some rustout on the lower edges.

rust on the lower edges of the inner door skin can be patched with a non stock seam and turn out nicely.

thanks for all the replies
Matt

I bought the good mark quarters (before AMD) for my 67' and just used what I needed
My biggest complaint was the lines were not sharp at all I had to weld a bead on the wheel wells to get them as sharp as the factory quarters were.

You might want to give AMD a call to make sure they are going to make them. It took them awhile to come out with the fastback quarters after it was rumored they where going to make them.

We are installing the quarters on Luke's cuda. They look really straight right out of the box.

I am in the same situation with rear quarters. I have the Goodmarks and just hate to use them if AMD is coming out with some. Wondering if anyone has took the chance at the cost for the fast back ones from AMD. I would do it if they were sharp lines and better than the skins I have. Hate to blow a bunch of cash on more sheet metal just to cut them down. Filler is cheap but like others share hate to use to much.

-
Back