gorilla locking lug nuts

-

barbee6043

barbee 6043
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
gosh awful wheels have to come off, yep 79 Volare 1/2 inch lug..... what socket will take them off except the darn gorilla NUT REMOVER SOCKET!!?????? ha
looks like 17-18 mm little smaller than 3/4 I tried 6 and 12 pt sae, no work.... found an 18 mm, too small.. will a 19 work?? anyone..... or do I have to buy their remover socket??
o own NO metric tools and for good reason!!

weld a 1/2 nut on them and run them off with a 3/4 inch socket

How about a bolt extractor or one of those universal gator grip type.

Craftsman (and others) sell a socket that has LH helical flutes in it for rounded nuts. Tap it on , hit it a few with an impact and it should bite and hold, then zip it off. welding works if you can get it to penetrate.
=tbn:ANd9GcQksupJVh769faG-ou2jG65NV_Q5ZO_ffIJrwYDwlx4b-HJQi3SGzYtcGSWCJYFQigaVeye_02E7Q&usqp=CAE.jpg

Depending on what center caps you have you might also be able to use one of those one size fits all sockets with all the little "fingers" in it. At least that's what the thieves use to remove them.

thanks for the ideas. the rims are worth some bucks, so no welding! I did find whqat they seem to be. GORILLA nuts. summit ells them, they come with the special socket, and it can be bought separately. just have to figure which size. the mentions a socket that does 11/16 and 3/4 in. how it is made I have no idea!
I called a store that sells aftermarket wheels, he said use a metric socket, I own NONE metric. picked up an 18 mm ....too small. ha that craftsman socket just mentioned, might work.
goota get them wheels off and SOLD!!!!!!

If it is a gorilla lock a regular socket of any size won't fit. It is basically a round lug nut with groves cut in it. You can get a replacement key from gorilla but you have to send them your key number or an intact lug. You can contact them to see if they have any other options. Like I said in my earlier post, you can also try one of those one size fits all sockets. That's how I got one off when I lost my key. I then sent that lug to gorilla and they sent me a replacement key for a small price.

If it is a gorilla lock a regular socket of any size won't fit. It is basically a round lug nut with groves cut in it. You can get a replacement key from gorilla but you have to send them your key number or an intact lug. You can contact them to see if they have any other options. Like I said in my earlier post, you can also try one of those one size fits all sockets. That's how I got one off when I lost my key. I then sent that lug to gorilla and they sent me a replacement key for a small price.
one size fits all socket?? get at any autoparts store???

-
Back