Got a 5.2/5.9 Magnum? I need a favor, please.

-

GotDart

Reaction score
I need to know the center-to-center distance for the fuel injectors on a 5.2/5.9 Magnum with MPFI. I would appreciate it if someone could help me out here.

I need the distances for 'A', 'B' and 'C' in this diagram, where the O's are the injector bungs. Please measure as accurately as possible with a steel ruler. I assume dimension 'A' is equal to dimension 'C', but need you to confirm for me.

O---------O-------------------O---------O
│«─'A'─»│«────'B'────»│«─'C'─»│

And while I'm asking, can someone confirm that the intake ports line up perfectly between a LA intake and a Magnum intake? I know people redrill the mouting holes and use LA intakes on Magnum heads... but do the ports REALLY line up??

both intakes bolt up differently. the magnum intake bolts are straight up and down and the non mag motors intake bolts are on an angle. I havent heard of anybody doing what you are talking about as of yet but ya never know

dodge-n-it said:
both intakes bolt up differently. the magnum intake bolts are straight up and down and the non mag motors intake bolts are on an angle.
Yes, I know that. But what I want to know is do the ports line up?

dodge-n-it said:
I havent heard of anybody doing what you are talking about as of yet but ya never know.
What I am doing is modifying a LA intake manifold for port fuel injectors. What I need to know is can I use a fuel rail meant for a Magnum engine. For it to work, the intake ports MUST be in the same locations relative to each other.

Can anyone get me the measurements?

Let me take some measurements tonight. I have a magnum intake sitting out behind the garage.

Here is a picture of a Magnum Intake. The ports are in the same position as on a LA head. The injectors are positioned directly over the ports.

Magnum Intake.jpg

Thank you Dave. I appreciate you taking the time to measure that for me. As best I can tell from your photo that is 1-9/16" between adjacent ports and 7-1/8" between the pairs. Unfortunately that does not match what I measured on the manifold I am building. I need 1.3" between adjacent ports and 7.6" between the pairs. Looks like I'll need to make a custom set of fuel rails.

I have a pro product intake and it has the bolt holes for magnum and early heads- any ways after I got it I had it at my shop and threw it on a Magnum long block and it fit just right- I also laid a set of mag intake gaskets on the intake and another go there (although the ports needed to be opend up!) So as far as I can tell the ports are the same. :thumblef:

Greg, It's 1 5/16 or 1.3125.

I too am using a Professional Products intake that is drilled for both LA and Magnum heads. The ports are in the same place between the two heads. There is no reason why you shouldn't be able to use the magnum fuel rail to build EFI on an LA intake.

If you want the Fuel Rail (and injectors) off the manifold in the picture you can have them for the cost of shipping. I only kept that manifold becuase I figure some one may have a need for it or the parts.

There's a magnum in a van at the Pick-Your-Part on Wallisville & 610 location. Just drive over there if you want to measure the rails yourself. If you like'em pay at the window and they are yours.

dgc333 said:
Greg, It's 1 5/16 or 1.3125.

I too am using a Professional Products intake that is drilled for both LA and Magnum heads. The ports are in the same place between the two heads. There is no reason why you shouldn't be able to use the magnum fuel rail to build EFI on an LA intake.

If you want the Fuel Rail (and injectors) off the manifold in the picture you can have them for the cost of shipping. I only kept that manifold becuase I figure some one may have a need for it or the parts.
Thanks again Dave. That is what I was thinking all along but I just haven't been able to get my hands on a Magnum intake to measure it. And thanks for the offer on the fuel rail, but I think I'll pass. I'm saving my money for a set of these.
dodge2.jpg

RossMachineRacing

gremlin said:
There's a magnum in a van at the Pick-Your-Part on Wallisville & 610 location. Just drive over there if you want to measure the rails yourself. If you like'em pay at the window and they are yours.
Gremlim, we need to meet up sometime for a junk yard excursion. You seem to have a better knack for finding the good stuff than I do. :salut:

I don't know about a knack, but I do go PYP shopping pretty often. :thumblef: There is a van at the Northville PYP location ( I-45 and West rd.) that had a 4 speed in it. The non-column shift pieces should be the same as your Dart.

-
Back