Got a Hemi Roadrunner running and Baby was born!

-

71Demon528

Reaction score
Been an amazing month of April and I haven’t even been to the race track yet. April 7, we thrashed on my dads Roadrunner to get his newly built Bowman Performance 540” Hemi up and running coupled with his newly built 727 BPR transmission. Engine and trans went in March 30 day before Easter. That was a long day. April 7 we went back at it. We moved my dads gauges and tach to a better location, installed an ARC overhead switch panel replacing the dash mount switch panel, and installed an MSD grid controller coupled to his 7AL2 ignition box. Wiring still needs some clean up with zip ties and what not, but we kept it all accessible in case of an issue during the initial firing. Luckily car fired up quick and all went smooth. Simple timing set and small carb tweakage was all it really needed. Car still needs some work before going to the track. New Axles were ordered yesterday, should be here within a week or so. 5/8” wheel studs upgrades from 1/2” wheel studs. Check valve lash, install engine diaper, odds and ends, and its race track ready.

Fast forward to last Wednesday April 7, 2024 at 5:17pm and our daughter, Emilia Grace Politowski, was born! What an absolutely amazing life changing event. She is happy, healthy, as is the wife. Luckily no complications during birth or after. Couldn’t be more gracious and thankful for what God has blessed my wife and I with. Children truly are a miracle. Cannot wait to get her to the race track this year and show her off to the world. Also cannot wait to see my dads car go down the track again.

After the birth of our daughter, my team mate and business partner was able to go out last weekend with his fresh Bowman Performance 572 Wedge in his Roadrunner and have a good outing at Dragway 42 after chomping at the bit for going on two months.

This is the first season without my race car being ready in 10 years. With pistons on order and everything else being ready, I hope to have my daughter at the track with me racing my car before the end of the season. But even if I don’t make it out, I still have the best thing that anyone could ask for. Family.

I hope everybody else’s season is kicking off good. I can’t wait to get some more transmissions done that are in the works as well as hopefully continue to build more business with the fine people we have in our mopar community.

RJ

041C5660-AC04-40C3-9046-2EE25F819808.jpeg

B78FBB9A-8E82-4634-B6BF-990ADAB3C78A.jpeg

D57F1E61-5B37-40D5-9499-82D24A73109A.jpeg

0D15C402-3CF8-4505-B1BD-1DCD2E9EB87D.jpeg

76222FCC-26AD-46BA-BCEF-A65E17F230AC.png

A big Congtats is in order on both counts. That little one is a keeper!

Thanks Mike, she’s beautiful and we love her so much.

Forgot to add the season kicks off for my team and @pittsburghracer at our local track this weekend. Weather is iffy but I’m praying for a change for them.

Beautiful baby buddy and I’m glad all went well. I hate forecasts like this as you know fuel getting to the track is one of our biggest expenses. I’m heading in to get some plugs at Orieys and some fresh generator fuel. Everytime I look the percentages of rain inch up and later in the day. I may load up and check out the forecast in the morning. Fingers crossed they get some racing in.

Beautiful baby buddy and I’m glad all went well. I hate forecasts like this as you know fuel getting to the track is one of our biggest expenses. I’m heading in to get some plugs at Orieys and some fresh generator fuel. Everytime I look the percentages of rain inch up and later in the day. I may load up and check out the forecast in the morning. Fingers crossed they get some racing in.

Thanks John! Much appreciated. Yes I know all too well, it’s sucks. Unfortunately it’s the sport we chose and the risk we run. I sure hope it does what it’s done in years past. Where looks bad going into tomorrow, then you all wake up and hey the chance went away. Wishful thinking right. All we can do lol

Congratulations, way to go, what a beautiful baby !
Nice job on the bad *** hemi in the roadrunner beep-beep

Congratulations to you and your wife on a wonderful new baby!
Hats off for a very busy and successful month with the cars and the family. Good luck with racing and just have some fun!

Been an amazing month of April and I haven’t even been to the race track yet. April 7, we thrashed on my dads Roadrunner to get his newly built Bowman Performance 540” Hemi up and running coupled with his newly built 727 BPR transmission. Engine and trans went in March 30 day before Easter. That was a long day. April 7 we went back at it. We moved my dads gauges and tach to a better location, installed an ARC overhead switch panel replacing the dash mount switch panel, and installed an MSD grid controller coupled to his 7AL2 ignition box. Wiring still needs some clean up with zip ties and what not, but we kept it all accessible in case of an issue during the initial firing. Luckily car fired up quick and all went smooth. Simple timing set and small carb tweakage was all it really needed. Car still needs some work before going to the track. New Axles were ordered yesterday, should be here within a week or so. 5/8” wheel studs upgrades from 1/2” wheel studs. Check valve lash, install engine diaper, odds and ends, and its race track ready.

Fast forward to last Wednesday April 7, 2024 at 5:17pm and our daughter, Emilia Grace Politowski, was born! What an absolutely amazing life changing event. She is happy, healthy, as is the wife. Luckily no complications during birth or after. Couldn’t be more gracious and thankful for what God has blessed my wife and I with. Children truly are a miracle. Cannot wait to get her to the race track this year and show her off to the world. Also cannot wait to see my dads car go down the track again.

After the birth of our daughter, my team mate and business partner was able to go out last weekend with his fresh Bowman Performance 572 Wedge in his Roadrunner and have a good outing at Dragway 42 after chomping at the bit for going on two months.

This is the first season without my race car being ready in 10 years. With pistons on order and everything else being ready, I hope to have my daughter at the track with me racing my car before the end of the season. But even if I don’t make it out, I still have the best thing that anyone could ask for. Family.

I hope everybody else’s season is kicking off good. I can’t wait to get some more transmissions done that are in the works as well as hopefully continue to build more business with the fine people we have in our mopar community.

RJ

View attachment 1716241862

View attachment 1716241863

View attachment 1716241864

View attachment 1716241865

View attachment 1716241866

Congratulations on the birth of your beautiful daughter! My youngest daughter is expecting her first in August, my fourth grandchild.

Congratulations! Glad everything went smoothly. Now comes the fun parts with the family.

Children truly are a gift from God and family is what matters! I had children later in life but I’m fine with that. Cars are looking good, too. You, my friend, are truly blessed beyond measure!

Congratulations she is beautiful, Moma is good and the Hemi sounds great Life is good.

RJ

View attachment 1716241862

View attachment 1716241863

View attachment 1716241864

View attachment 1716241865

View attachment 1716241866

Screw that car. Your daughter is absolutely gorgeous. Lucky you!!

Children truly are a gift from God and family is what matters! I had children later in life but I’m fine with that. Cars are looking good, too. You, my friend, are truly blessed beyond measure!

They are a blessing couldn’t agree more. Thank you

-
Back