Got a Hemi Roadrunner running and Baby was born!

-
Had some good news from the track last night. My team mates were gettin it done on a track that hasn’t been raced on this season. Here’s a video of the blue roadrunner goin 5.85 at 116mph taking too much stripe and breaking out. But main thing was the car is working really well and the adjustments that were made between time run and first round made a difference. Things are looking good for this car this year. Fingers crossed.

Had some good news from the track last night. My team mates were gettin it done on a track that hasn’t been raced on this season. Here’s a video of the blue roadrunner goin 5.85 at 116mph taking too much stripe and breaking out. But main thing was the car is working really well and the adjustments that were made between time run and first round made a difference. Things are looking good for this car this year. Fingers crossed.

Nice pass!

Been an amazing month of April and I haven’t even been to the race track yet. April 7, we thrashed on my dads Roadrunner to get his newly built Bowman Performance 540” Hemi up and running coupled with his newly built 727 BPR transmission. Engine and trans went in March 30 day before Easter. That was a long day. April 7 we went back at it. We moved my dads gauges and tach to a better location, installed an ARC overhead switch panel replacing the dash mount switch panel, and installed an MSD grid controller coupled to his 7AL2 ignition box. Wiring still needs some clean up with zip ties and what not, but we kept it all accessible in case of an issue during the initial firing. Luckily car fired up quick and all went smooth. Simple timing set and small carb tweakage was all it really needed. Car still needs some work before going to the track. New Axles were ordered yesterday, should be here within a week or so. 5/8” wheel studs upgrades from 1/2” wheel studs. Check valve lash, install engine diaper, odds and ends, and its race track ready.

Fast forward to last Wednesday April 7, 2024 at 5:17pm and our daughter, Emilia Grace Politowski, was born! What an absolutely amazing life changing event. She is happy, healthy, as is the wife. Luckily no complications during birth or after. Couldn’t be more gracious and thankful for what God has blessed my wife and I with. Children truly are a miracle. Cannot wait to get her to the race track this year and show her off to the world. Also cannot wait to see my dads car go down the track again.

After the birth of our daughter, my team mate and business partner was able to go out last weekend with his fresh Bowman Performance 572 Wedge in his Roadrunner and have a good outing at Dragway 42 after chomping at the bit for going on two months.

This is the first season without my race car being ready in 10 years. With pistons on order and everything else being ready, I hope to have my daughter at the track with me racing my car before the end of the season. But even if I don’t make it out, I still have the best thing that anyone could ask for. Family.

I hope everybody else’s season is kicking off good. I can’t wait to get some more transmissions done that are in the works as well as hopefully continue to build more business with the fine people we have in our mopar community.

RJ

View attachment 1716241862

View attachment 1716241863

View attachment 1716241864

View attachment 1716241865

View attachment 1716241866

Congratulations!!! I'm sorry I missed this post.

-
Back