Got a new beater

-

HawaiiDuster

Reaction score
Been wanting an older pick up to drive and play with. Had a deal going on a 65 Stepside, but the guy pulled out at the last minute. Then this truck shows up on CL, a 74 D100. The guy got the truck in some kind of trade (he has a trans shop) and said he thought it had a 360 in it. He was a bowtie guy. I popped the hood as told him it wasn't a 360. It barely idled and smelled really rich. The deal was made and he was to drop the truck at my house with a smog cert in hand. I wasn't holding my breath after the last deal fell through, but the showed up the next day in my driveway with the smog cert, so I know have a truck to play with. I has a 440/727 Edelbrock performer, Edelbrock carb, and headers. I bought a carb rebuild kit and the usual tune up items and its running pretty good. Looked like the carb was full of mud and caught on fire at some point. I just need an electronic distributor to replace the point type unit so I can put one of my MSD unit on it. So if anyone has one for cheap (I guess I should say inexpensive) let me know.

I like it, I like it a lot. You are right it aint a 360 but a big block and short wheelbase. That is a sweet ride. Conrats on a cool:cheers::cheers::cheers: ride

-
Back