got a peg leg burnout from my sure grip.

-

csx452

Reaction score
Hi all. I have a 68 Dart with a built 360 and an 8 3/4 sure grip rear. I usually get a 2 wheel burnout but today I got a peg leg burnout. What's up with that? Any ideas?
Thanks,
Frank

lol...our Dart's is on the way out too. It's a clutch type sure-grip so I suppose we'll rebuild it.

I was afraid of that. I hate to take the 410s out of it and install the 323s but money is too tight right now to do anything else. Whatcha gonna do?

If its a clutch type you should just be able to buy a new clutch pack for it and swap it in. Mancini sells new clutch packs for $75. Obviously it would be best to change the bearing and the rest of the internals, but you should be able to get by with new clutches for a while if money's tight.

or, if it is a clutch type, there is normally one thin one on each side, you can replace one of them with a thicker one and that will tighten it right up. Don't replace the thin one on both sides though, it will be like a spool, I did that and it was so tight, when I'd turn into a parking spot, it would coast about half way in and bind up and stop the car and it would start to roll backwards unwinding the axle shafts!

If you do have the clutch type, and do not have any extras laying around, PM me and I will look, I may have a thick clutch I can send you (also the same clutch pack as the 30-spline Dana 44 powerlock if you konw anyone that is into 4 wheeling))

-
Back